House of Jealousy/House of Understanding

During theater class, Niamh avoided both Jared and Lucille as much as possible even by sitting the furthest away possible. She practically isolated herself and did her best not to acknowledge Jared and Lucille's existence. She couldn't shake the feeling that the kiss had obviously discomforted her, but she surely wish that she could've.

She caught a glimpse of Lucille whispering over to Jared who whispered over to Jonah who whispered over to Sarah, but she had no idea what it would've been about.

When class had ended, she was in the process of packing things into her bag when there was a bump against her shoulder. She looked up and caught sight of a flurry of strawberry-blonde hair as the person turned back to face her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lucille told her apologetically.

Niamh realized Jared was standing a few feet behind her, waiting for her to come. Niamh just shrugged it off and ignored Lucille. Lucille eventually backed away and headed out the door, and Niamh looked up once more after that had gone.

"Hey, Niamh-" Niamh felt a hand lay on her shoulder and she jumped.

"I'm so sorry," Mr. Duval apologized, taking a step back. "I just wanted to let you know I signed you up for props...you know for the play?" He held out a sheet of paper. "So, here are the list of duties; they're fairly simple to become accustomed with."

Niamh grabbed the paper and picked up her bag and left without word. Mr. Duval just tilted his head questioningly but addressed nothing about it.

~~~~~
Sarah, Jonah, Jared, and Lucille had all planned a Sibuna meeting at Lucille's request, especially to discuss the glow that emitted from Jared's hand. They were back at Anubis house and all went up to the attic, sure to be unseen.

They sat down on the sheets they had previously spread out. Lucille went on to explain the situation with Jared, intentionally leaving out any mention of the kiss.

"Well how did you stop it from glowing?" Jonah asked them both since they hadn't got to that part.

Lucille and Jared glanced at eachother, and Lucille explained this part as well. "I-I grabbed his hand. And it just died down."

"How did you know to do that?" Sarah continued with the questions.

Lucille shrugged.

"I didn't even realize it was happening," Jared added. "I didn't even know why it was happening."

"So, it's either a good thing or a bad thing that the Osirion is discovering his powers," Jonah declared. "And there's also a chance he might discover random powers at random moments."

"I promise I won't reveal my powers," Jared told them.

"Yeah, but what if you don't have any control over that?" Sarah pointed out.

"Then I'll do my best."

~~~~~
William found Niamh in the house and asked for them to speak, and they kept their voices low just near the bottom of the staircase.

"I was thinking we should go ahead and confront Mr. Rainier," William explained. "I mean, I know the misbehavior he reported could've potentially been us, but there's really nothing they can do to us...I think."

"Maybe we should just wait a bit," Niamh disagreed. William noticed she wasn't so aggressive as usual; she wasn't particularly calm-she just seemed tired. And William had a good idea why.

"Something like this can't wait, can it?" William encouraged. "This was your idea after all, and I just...well maybe this'll get your mind off other things." William shrank back a little in case Niamh would've caught on to what he was inferring.

"There's nothing I need to get my mind off of," Niamh sighed as she tried to head upstairs. But William stepped up in front of her.

"Look, everyday I see Rachel and Tyler together, incredibly happy and incredibly close, in the way that I'd like to be with Rachel. And I know they're not dating and they haven't kissed and they're just-"

"-what does this have to do with me?"

"Niamh...I know you like Jared. And perhaps you haven't admitted that to yourself yet, but...I know. I get it. And I'm not going to let you destroy yourself this way. I can't stand you hurting this much."

Niamh hesitated for a moment. "Why are you caring so much?"

"It's what friends do, right?" William shrugged and held up a fist in request of a fist bump.

"Friends?" Niamh repeated, chuckling. And then she realized William was serious. "Friends...Okay friend; let's go find Mr. Rainier." Niamh ignored William's fist bump and passed him to head upstairs, expecting he'd be following behind.

William looked down at his lonely fist as he lowered it away and turned around to follow closely behind Niamh.

~~~~~
When the Sibuna meeting ended, Jared and Lucille left together and headed downstairs side-by-side.

"You know, you never actually answered my question if you really wanted to kiss me," Jared pointed out.

Lucille stopped in the foyer, and Jared stopped as well to face her.

"Well you wouldn't like the answer."

"I don't exactly know what the answer is-"

"-either way, you really wouldn't like it," Lucille vouched. "No matter what my answer would be, it'd ruin everything, so...don't ask."

Lucille gave a final nod and disappeared off into the kitchen area, leaving Jared to consider her response and realize that she was right.

~~~~~
Here is the chapter for you all. I've been quite busy all day, but I have made time to get this to you all, so here you are! I really hope you enjoyed it, and here are the discussion questions.

Do you like Niamh and William's friendship?

What do you think Lucille's actual answer is?

Until next time, Aristocrats!