House of Isis/House of Anger

During lunchtime, Lucille, Jared, Jonah, and Sarah were in the hall. Lucille and Jared were in the process of handing their bags over to Sarah and Jonah.

"If we're not back in time for class, cover for us," Lucille stated.

Sarah nodded. "Sibuna." She held her right hand over her right eye.

They others did the same, and Jared a Lucille left out the school. They hurried over to Isis house where the front door was locked. Lucille heaved a sigh once she realized, but Jared had an idea. He reached into Lucille's hair and pulled outa bobby pin.

"Hey!" Lucille argued.

Jared chuckled as he knelt down and picked the lock to the door.

"If the lock were really that easy to pick then-" Lucille was caught off by a click of the lock. "...the house isn't all that safeguarded..."

Jared handed Lucille's pin back to her. She followed him inside shut the door quietly.

"Okay, look for anything that looks like the Wings of Isis," Jared instructed. He started searching around just as Lucille did, but he was almost instantly caught off-guard by the house itself. "This is so much fancier than Anubis house."

In fact, it was. Just from the entryway, they realized the foyer was much larger, and the hall to the boys' rooms was sealed off by its own door. The floors were tiled with abstract design, the metal staircase spiraled up to the second floor, and the entire house was just much larger in general.

"We should probably focus," Lucille suggested.

"Boy, would I much rather live here," Jared mumbled.

"Jared!"

"Fine, fine."

They carried on to the living room where Jared was trapped in awe by the pendants, which dangled from the ceiling, spanning across the room. Lucille tried to shake him back to reality to focus on the mission at hand, but he was genuinely impressed by all the things Isis had to offer, that Anubis didn't have. Lucille looked over to the far left near the curtains, and she noticed a chain dangling down and the pendant hanging from it.

"Wait, Jared, look," Lucille pointed.

"Oh, so now you're interested?" Jared mocked.

"No, look," Lucille approached it. "Wings of Isis." She reached for it but realized it was much too high and that she'd have no chance of grabbing it unless she jumped, fell, and broke the chain off.

Jared came just front of her and reached up to grab it. He smirked at her and then went on to pull the pendant off and observe it in his hands.

"I was more focused than you thought, huh?" Jared grinned.

"I was the one who saw it," Lucille stated truthfully. "You were too distracted by the fact that this house has decorations."

"Well if it weren't for my easily distracted mind, we might have never noticed that, now would we?"

Lucille realized just how close she and Jared were and took a step back.

"Ouch," Jared commented on her action. "Are you uncomfortable around me?"

"W-what?" Lucille shook her head as if she had no clue as to what he meant.

"Are you afraid I might do this?" He took a step forward and brushed Lucille's hair behind her ear. "Are you afraid I might do this?" he repeated, and with that he leaned in towards her, but they both jumped at the sound of a click of the front door.

They dived behind the couch as they heard footsteps enter and listened to the whistling as it faded as whoever the person was, headed up the stairs. Jared grabbed Lucille's hand and pulled her along. He made sure it was safe to leave, and the two of them scurried out of the house and shut the door quietly.

"Masters of stealth," Jared chuckled. "Come on." He headed off toward the school.

Lucille watched him for a moment and then raced to catch up with him.

~~~~~
Jared and Lucille were entering the building when Niamh was there in the hall and had stopped them both, having to talk to Jared. Jared slipped the pendant to Lucille and muttered to her to go find the others while he stayed along with Niamh.

"Niamh, I needed to talk to you actually," Jared admitted.

"And I need to talk to you," Niamh stated, keeping in mind that she had him there to apologize, not to make things worse between them.

"Who's been sending you those messages?" Jared suddenly asked.

"What?" Niamh was caught off guard.

"'I mean it'," Jared recited. "Ring any bells?"

"H-how-"

"-you might not be able to trust William with your things as much as you think," Jared whispered to her. "Choose where you're trusts lie more wisely next time, yeah?" He gave Niamh a pat on the shoulder, and forgetting that Niamh had something to say to him herself, he left.

~~~~~
Niamh found William in their geometry class and practically threw her bag on the table, startling him.

"You went through my messages," she declared furiously.

"Uh-uh-" William stuttered in the presence of her anger.

"How could you?!"

"No...no I didn't-I just saw one," William admitted.

"Listen to me, and listen to me closely William Alfie Lewis," she pointed a finger in his face, "my phone, my messages, my privacy. And if I ever find that you invade that again, I will snap you in half." She picked her bag back up and sat at another table.

William shrank down in his seat. He'd never seen Niamh so angry, although he had already been sure she could amount to that if ever came the time. And the time had come, after all. And it was directly towards him.

~~~~~
Here is the chapter for you all! I hope you enjoyed it. There will be no questions for this chapter, but as always, discussion is still welcome. And with that, this'll end up being extremely brief.

Until next time, Aristocrats.