House of Plots/House of Entry

Jonah tried his best to dismiss Sarah's plans for him mimicking Jared in order to get Jucille back together, but she wouldn't stand for it. Instead, while they were both still in the attic, she ignored his reasoning and explained her own.

"All you need to do is dress a bit more terrible, fluff up your hair, and make sarcastic remarks referencing food," Sarah explained. "Then you're good to go."

"You don't get it," Jonah retaliated. "I'm nothing like Jared. One time we tried to switch places when we were little and our mom saw through us instantly because I refused to go play outside."

Sarah furrowed her eyebrows.

"I was scared of the neighbors."

Sarah laughed at that. "Well, you're older now. You've spent more time with him. You. Know. Him." Sarah set her hands on his shoulder.

"Alright, and when I get to Lucille, what do I do?" Jonah inquired, parting from her hands and pacing around. "Even if it just so happens to work that I can win her back for Jared, Jared won't even know."

"Which is why you leave after you've got her thinking a bit," Sarah elaborated. "You tease her a bit, you apologize, and then you tell her to come find you when she's made up her mind. She'll go looking for Jared, and they'll be back together!"

"But-"

"-and Jared won't even care to figure out why. He'll be too happy."

"How long do I have to prepare?"

"Less than a day. Toodaloo." Sarah smiled at him and left out the attic.

~~~~~
In the middle of the night, Rusk found a way to enter Anubis house through the back as he was in search for something valuable. He kept his footsteps soft as he made his way through the laundry room, the kitchen, and out into the foyer. He wasn't as familiar with Anubis house as he would've liked to be, but he still had a mission to accomplish. And since he had already figured out who the a Chosen One was (or at least looked like), she was only one half of the problem, whom he could come back for another day.

He approached the cellar, but he laid sight on the padlock. He retreated from the cellar door back into the living room when he heard footsteps from up above which gradually made their way down the steps. The footsteps stopped at the cellar door, and Rusk peered around the corner to see a silhouette which he recognized all to well as he utilized the key to take off the padlock.

The person continued down into the cellar, and Rusk followed swiftly behind.

The man flipped on his flashlight down at the bottom of the steps, and that was when Rusk flipped on his own.

"Hello, Eugene."

Mr. Rainier swiveled around only to see the man whose only place was in the past.

"What are you-" Mr. Rainier was in too much awe to finish his words.

"You know, you got me real good there," Rusk chuckled softly. "When you burned down that museum, I actually thought you had burned down those artifacts with it...But no, that's what you wanted me to think. But it turns out I'm back. You can't get rid of me."

"This is not your territory," Mr. Rainier threatened. "There are children here. This is school property."

"So you actually care about them?...Then why are you working against them? The Chosen One and her...possy."

Mr. Rainier didn't have an answer.

"You've always had the mind of a mad man. But you've always had such a soft spot for the innocent. Those things don't go together."

"Yeah, well I make it work," Mr. Rainier swallowed.

"Just a thought-was it you who led that young boy into the tunnels? Where he potentially could've fallen to his doom?"

"How did you-"

"-I found him. And your kids came and stole him back. But imagine if I didn't find him. Imagine if I didn't know how those tunnels were constructed-"

"-you-"

"-he would've died. If not from the concussion he sustained then surely suffocation. Famine?...And it'd all be on you."

Mr. Rainier took a deep breath and looked down.

"So, your 'making-it-work'-" he used finger quotations, "-nearly costed him his life. And it will cost so many others their lives...Which is why you should hand the relics over to me. I can perform the ceremony just as well."

Mr. Rainier shook his head. "I can't do that."

"It's a shame."

Rusk suddenly charged forward, shoving Mr, rainier down off his feet and grabbed onto one of the duffel bags which he was sure to have contained the artifacts and fled with that one bag. Mr. Rainier didn't recover soon enough to catch up with Rusk who was out Anubis house before he reached the top of the cellar steps.

~~~~~
The next morning, Jonah was in and out of the bathroom, bouncing between it and his own room all before Jared was even awake. He was frantic and antsy, and Tyler spotted him as he was transitioning in the hallway, carrying a shoe in his right hand.

"You're a strange guy, Jared," Tyler muttered as he headed off to the kitchen.

Jonah realized what Tyler just said and gave a silent cheer along with a little dance of his own. He headed back into the bathroom to prep himself some more.

~~~~~
Welp, we know just a bit more about Rusk and Rainier's relationship. And it doesn't seem like they're much of friends...

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time, Aristocrats.