House of Flowers/House of Birth Dates

During the school day, just before school let out Jared had gone backstage in the theater room to fish through the props and find something worth presenting to Lucille in attempt of an apology. He went through the boxes which held the smaller props where he found a bouquet of flowers and although they were fake, they were presentable.

He turned back around to see Niamh standing there, apparently having followed him. He was clutching the flowers in his hands and Niamh was about to ask about them but Lucille suddenly showed up to find Jared as well.

"N-no, Lucille, it's not what it looks-" Jared tried to explain the visual, but Lucille just stormed away sooner than he could explain anything.

Niamh wanted to apologize but didn't know whether or whether not she should've. Jared picked up his bag and still held onto the flowers as he went after Lucille, leaving Niamh not knowing what to do.

"Lucy!" Jared called down the halls after Lucille. "Lucille!"

Lucille was stopped by Mr. Carroway who was round up all the Anubis house students before they were all to be escorted back to the house. She still tried to avoid Jared, but he still spoke even though she didn't look at him.

"Hey, we weren't doing anything," Jared admitted.

"But you were with her. Alone," Lucille frowned.

"Sh-she must've followed me, but I didn't know she would've. And I didn't mean for you to show up right at that time."

Lucille folded her arms.

"I mean..." Jared looked down at the artificial flowers in his hand. "I was getting these for you. I'm trying to say I'm sorry."

"I don't want your apology," Lucille spat at him angrily.

"Well then what do you want? Tell me." Jared tossed the flowers behind him which ended up hitting a random student in the back of the head. "Is it a date? I'll give you that. Or a kiss? Or for me to read more cereal boxes or something-"

"-I want to break up."

Jared straightened up a bit and his expression changed to confusion and sadness as he realized what Lucille just said. "What?"

"I've realized that dating is pretty stressful," Lucille elaborated. "And even if you aren't doing anything with other girls, I won't have to worry about it anymore, you know?"

"No," Jared shook his head. "No, I don't know."

"I don't want to spend every second of every day worrying whether or not you're falling in love with someone else or secretly flirting behind my back. This way, it's not my problem anymore-"

"-Lucille, it should be your problem; let it be your problem! Lucy, I love you." When she didn't respond, Jared repeated himself. "Do you hear me? I love you."

"I heard you," Lucille croaked weakly.

"And you're still going through with this..."

Lucille nodded solemnly.

And eventually, so did Jared.

~~~~~
Mr. Rainier had been summoned to Mr. Carroway's office. He closed the door behind himself and his pace to the chair fell in synchronization with the tapping of Mr. Carroway's pen.

"Niamh or Lucille," Mr. Carroway muttered. Earlier they had discovered two girls in Anubis house sharing their birth dates with the same number of the month, Lucille having being born the 3rd of March, and Niamh: the 8th of August.

"Now that I think about it, Jared has been spending quality time with Niamh," Mr. Rainier pointed out.

"I didn't expect this to happen," Mr. Carroway sighed. "If the Osirion hangs out with both of them-"

"-he might not be spending too much time with Lucille anymore," Mr. Rainier whispered to him. "They broke up earlier."

"Broke...up?"

Mr. Rainier nodded. "It's like a divorce without all the legal-"

"-I know what a 'break up' is!" Mr. Carroway cut him off.

"Okay sorry, sorry...Anyway, what I was thinking was-why would the Osirion break up with his own Chosen One? Defeats the purpose, don't you think?"

Mr. Carroway thought about that idea for a moment and figured Mr. Rainier was right.

~~~~~
Since Jared nor Lucille were up for any Sibuna mystery, much of it was postponed, at least until that weekend. Jonah, Sarah, and William eventually met up on Saturday in the living room to discuss how to get Jared and Lucille back into the mystery at hand. But after failed attempts of ways to lure them back, Jonah suggested something else.

"Maybe it's best we let them give eachother space," Jonah suggested, "by all of us giving them space as well. Meanwhile, we can continue with the mystery. We can piece together that staff and take it down to the task in the tunnels."

"And what if we just so happen need for it to be pieced together by the Chosen One or Osirion?" Sarah brought up.

"Well we haven't tried yet," Jonah admitted. "So, if we try and it just so happen does turn out that way, we'll figure something out."

Sarah didn't particularly agree with that idea. She faced William. "What do you think?"

"I'm with Jonah on this one," William shrugged.

"Okay," Sarah uttered disapprovingly. "We're going with Jonah's idea."

Mr. Rainier suddenly called for the students to come into the dining area for lunch.

"I should probably take some of that up to Lucy," Sarah stated just before she headed off toward the kitchen to gather a plate for Lucille. Jonah followed her quickly, and just as she grabbed a plate, he did too to take one to Jared.

"Look, we're just trying to do what's best," Jonah tried to explain.

"I know," Sarah nodded. "I get it."

"Well it doesn't seem like you do."

Jonah and Sarah both glanced over at Mr. Rainier who had come into the kitchen momentarily to grab some more cups for the table.

"It's been decided," Sarah continued after he was out of earshot. "Things can't always go the way I want; I get that."

Jonah wanted to say something more, but he didn't know what. Sarah finished gathering food onto the plate and left to take it up to Lucille.

~~~~~
What a chapter...

Anyway, hopefully you enjoyed it-at least some of it...It seems Mr. Carroway and Mr. Rainier are leaning more toward the idea that Niamh is the Chosen One. Hmm, will they discover the real one?...I'm using many ellipseses...

Yeah, anyway, here are the discussion questions.

Do you think Jared and Lucille will get back together?

Do you think the society will confront Niamh?

Do you agree more with Sarah or Jonah? (Sarah wanted to bring Jared and Lucille back into the mystery right away, Jonah wants to give them some space)

Until next time, Aristocrats!