House of Consultation/House of Headaches

Saturday morning, Rachel came down the steps with the other girls and spotted Tyler coming out of his room. She approached him.

"Have you seen William?" she asked.

"He wasn't in his bed when I woke up," Tyler admitted. "I don't know, maybe he spent the night with his parents? Check the sign-out sheet."

Rachel figured that was a good idea and went to go do so, but she found that William never signed out at all. She returned to dine with the others for breakfast and wondered where William might've been.

After breakfast, Sarah, Jonah, Jared, and Lucille intentionally stayed back and they held Tyler back with them.

"Hey, what's up?" Sarah questioned. "You didn't want to join us for the Sibuna meeting yesterday, and we're worried."

"Oh...I just wasn't feeling like myself last night," Tyler responded. "I'll come to the next meeting."

"This is the next meeting," Sarah declared.

"I at least need half an hour to digest this meal," Jared moaned, rubbing his head. "And about a day's worth of sleep."

"You just woke up," Jonah admitted.

"Your point being?"

Jonah just shook his head. Sarah ushered Tyler over to the couches and had him sit down while the others followed him, except Jared who decided he'd just slip away back to his room.

"Why weren't you felling like yourself?" Sarah asked. "And why didn't your parents show up?"

Tyler remained silent.

Sarah continued. "If you don't want to talk about it just say so."

"I really stopped caring a long time ago," Tyler shrugged, standing to his feet. "My parents never really made time for me. Too busy being renown scholars and professors...Besides all that, I thought Sibuna would be great, and it is, trust me. But aside from my whole family situation, I just don't feel like a real part of the group. I'd be happy to help occasionally, but...I think I'm out." He nodded toward them and left the room.

"I feel kind of bad for Tyler," Lucille stated truthfully. "He must've gone through a lot yesterday."

"Didn't we all," Sarah nodded slowly.

~~~~~
Jonah and Sarah sat together in the attic with a laptop and the most recent riddle, working to find the solution.

"'Free our lady,'-" Sarah began reciting, "'Our beginning of time, With the heptad of the spear. A blade to pierce the finest, The goblet of a lioness, And five rods of the sere.'"

"Well it's safe to assume it's talking about an actual spear," Jonah pointed out. "And according to this-" he pointed towards the computer screen, "-a heptad means seven parts. So we have seven pieces to find."

"One of them is a goblet," Sarah inferred. "One is a blade. And then five rods of the sere?"

"A sere is apparently an environment of dry and withered vegetation," Jonah explained.

"So...five rods of...dead plants?"

"Maybe they're wooden?" Jonah suggested. "I imagine there are sticks there."

Sarah couldn't help but laugh at that.

"No sticks?"

"No, there could be sticks," Sarah agreed. "You're just too adorable."

"A-adorable?" Jonah repeated.

"Why not?" Sarah took a deep breath. "So-" she reverted back to the riddle at hand, "-we have seven pieces to find which construct a spear. Yet, we don't know exactly what these pieces look like or where to find them."

"Oh wait, look here." Jonah brought up an image. "Sekhmet and her spear. A blade at the bottom and a goblet of fire at the very top."

"Great, well all we need is the next train to Hogwarts and we might be able to find one of those pieces," Sarah chuckled.

"Which would probably be more efficient than our current situation because honestly...I don't know what to do next." Jonah shut the laptop and slumped against the wall.

Sarah brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them tightly. "We could talk...about stuff."

"Stuff? Like?" Jonah inquired.

Sarah shrugged and let out a sigh.

~~~~~
Niamh entered Jonah and Jared's room when Jonah was absent from there, and Jared was fast asleep. She shook him awake and sat on his bed while he rose up in a sitting position.

"I was busy here," Jared groaned. "I think I have a migraine."

"Don't exaggerate."

"Why does everyone think I exaggerate about everything?" He fell back down onto his pillow.

"I wonder," Niamh replied sarcastically. "I just wanted to ask if you had any more ideas as to what I should do."

"You're willingly accepting my help?" Jared asked, astonished.

"Don't think this means I like you even more than before," Niamh established. "In fact, I hate you even more."

"Mhm...well why don't you hate your way to Mr. Rainier and have him bring me some Ibuprofen?" Jared paused before adding, "Pretty please?"

Niamh realized Jared was likely serious about his headache and went to find Mr. Rainier so that he could do something about it. She found him cleaning up in the foyer and stopped his duties.

"Jared has a really bad headache," she admitted. "I think he needs medicine."

"Right," Mr. Rainier nodded. "Can you bring him a wet towel? I'll be there in just a moment."

Niamh shrugged and headed toward the laundry room to grab the cloth. Mr. Rainier set down his polish and cloth and headed upstairs to get some supplies. Mr. Carroway stopped him once he had reached the top of the stairs.

"I discovered who the Osirion is," Mr. Carroway muttered, getting straight to the point. "As you may know, the Chosen One is needed for the ceremony, and he'll lead us directly to her. Jared Smith. Whatever must be done, do it."

He slipped back into his office, but just before he closed the door, Mr. Rainier stopped him briefly.

"Oh, Mr. Carroway," he began, "I have a concern...It's with one of the students. Well he-he-"

"-that is not in my best interest right now," Mr. Carroway cut him off. "Just stick to the task at hand, alright?"

He shut his door, and Mr. Rainier stood there nervously. He made a huge swallow before heading to his room to grab the supplies for Jared.

~~~~~
That's the chapter for you all! I hope you enjoyed and here are the discussion questions:

Who do you think will be the first to realize William has disappeared? (other than Mr. Rainier of course)

Do you like Tyler more as a member of Sibuna or not?

Alright, that's all for now. Until next time, aristocrats.