House of Foresight/House of Calls

Friday night, the night just before when Sibuna planned to construct the staff, Jared experienced a vision within his dream.

He was down in the cellar and passed by Niamh and the Society "performing" the ceremony with random artifacts sprawled on the table and the book open before Niamh. He continued through the tunnels until he reached the final task where the Ptah staff was to be placed, himself, Lucille, Sarah, and Jonah all there. He watched himself and Lucille construct the staff together and then place it in the slot within the center of the room. While they were holding onto the staff, he watched them twist it like a key, and a portion of the wall before them slid to the side revealing three indentations for each of the staffs. Jonah and Sarah headed back to get the others while he and Lucille waited. The scene flashed to when they were fitting the staffs into the wall, but just before the last one was placed, William came running in, panic clear in his expression.

Jared suddenly woke up when he had fallen off his bed onto the floor. Jonah woke up from the thud and turned on his lamp to see his brother moaning down on the ground.

"I'm not judging your life choices or anything, but why are you on the floor?" Jonah asked.

"I fell, obviously."

Jared scrambled up to his feet and collapsed back onto his bed. Jonah reached for the lamp, but Jared stopped him.

"Wait...Leave it on for just a moment."

Jonah let out a sigh.

"If this could potentially be our last night, I need a good final look at you with your bed head," Jared chuckled.

"Go back to sleep."

Jonah flipped off the lamp, and they both fell back asleep.

~~~~~
In the morning, Sibuna along with Niamh all met early in the morning around the dining table, before Rachel or Tyler arrived. Jared informed them of his dream, and they figured it foreshadowed to the events meant to happen that night. In the middle of the meeting, Niamh received a phone call and she stepped out into the foyer, and Jared followed behind, along with William.

After she wrapped up the brief conversation, Niamh turned back to Jared and William who knew exactly what the call was for.

"Well?" William asked when she didn't say anything.

"I have a new home."

They both took turns hugging her and this time she didn't reject against either of them. Jared gave her a final pat on the arm and disappeared back into the dining area with the others, Niamh watching as he left.

William tried to take her mind off Jared. "Well this is great news, right?"

Niamh nodded.

William fiddled with his thumbs a bit. "Look, you may not be able to get Jared's attention in the way you want, but you have so much else around you to be happy about. You've just been secured a better home, and you have friends, and you have me...Your best friend. And I want those things to make you happy." William playfully poked Niamh.

"They do," Niamh assured. "They do."

Rachel suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs, and Niamh dismissed herself back into the dining area. Rachel made her way down to the foyer, and William faced her as she approached.

"I feel like we haven't spoken in forever," Rachel began softly.

William gave a slight nod.

"Should we talk?"

"Sure."

"I really want for us to be friends," Rachel explained. "You're kind of fun to be around, and I can't bear to lose you entirely."

William realized he was on the verge of crying which wasn't his intention. He seemed to be experiencing an emotional response sooner than he comprehended what emotions he actually felt at that time, all which seemed to conflict with one another.

"So...?" Rachel trailed off.

"I-" William's voice cracked so he cleared his throat and continued, "I can't be just friends with you."

Rachel hesitated.

"I'm sorry, it's just too hard."

Just as he was ending his sentence, he was speeding off into the boys' bathroom, locking the door behind himself. William wiped his tears away as soon as he could.

"Happy thoughts, happy thoughts," he muttered to himself as his back sank down against the door.

Later on there was a knock on the door, and Sarah asked, "Are you in there, William? Are you okay?"

William stood to his feet, gave his eyes a final wipe, and opened the door.

"Come on." Sarah grabbed him by the hand and pulled him along up the stairs and to her and Lucille's room.

He sat down on Lucille's bed as Sarah shut the door. Lucille and Sarah both made a seat on Sarah's bed and directed all their attention to William.

"Whenever you're ready," Sarah comforted.

~~~~~
That evening, when Mr. Harvey was preparing to head over to Anubis house, he asked Rusk, "The Society still thinks Niamh is the Chosen One. Should I tell them the truth?"

"You leave that to me," Rusk replied. "You just play along. I have an idea."

"Are you sure the children are going to try to create the staffs themselves? Unleash the gods as opposed to the Society?"

"It's a thought." Rusk cleared his throat. "You just go. You can't be late."

As Mr. Harvey left, Rusk collapsed onto the couch to think of a plan of action. He didn't have anything in mind, but he knew he could think of something soon. Something which would ruin the Society and stop the children from achieving anything.

~~~~~
That's the chapter for you all! We're almost to the point where we we see what happens when or if someone awakens the gods...But for now, whereas usually there would be discussion questions, I really can't think of any without repeating myself or not making any sense, so until next time, Aristocrats!