House of Decisions/House of Discussion

Just after school ended, Mr. Owen summoned William and Niamh into his office. Upon their arrival, he was standing behind his desk with his ring of keys in hand.

Niamh and William waited until he finally began speaking. "Mr. Harvey has informed you two are interested in the Frobisher library. You'd like to see it reopened."

The two glanced at eachother and both nodded in affirmation.

"Well, let's go and check it out!" he insisted with more enthusiasm than they expected. "You both will be able to see it, and we'll go from there." He walked past them out his office, and they followed a few feet behind.

"He's acting weird," Niamh whispered.

William agreed.

They remained very watchful of him as they headed out the school building, across the campus, past some of the houses, and over the lawn to Frobisher library, overgrown with bushes and vines. Mr. Owen possessed a key for the padlock and unlocked it with one of his many keys, all respective to some building or room located on the boarding school's campus. The door creaked as it opened, and dust littered to the floor from the doorway. They all crept inside seeing a few stray books on shelves here and there, but everything had been cleared out, mostly. The library was still standing and not wearing down too terribly, and for a moment, William figured it actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea to have it reopened.

"Is it to your liking?" Mr. Owen asked them. By that time, Niamh and William were exploring upstairs and glanced down at him below.

"Why do you ask?" Niamh questioned.

"Oh, because this is your decision," Mr. Owen revealed. "You two presented the idea initially; I consider it only fair that you make the final decision."

Both Niamh and William raised their eyebrows.

"Well?" Mr. Owen inquired impatiently.

"One moment," Niamh held up a finger and then pulled William along with her back from the railing. She looked him in the eyes. "Well?"

"I-it might be a good idea," William shrugged. "I just wonder if we can trust him."

"What's the worst he could do when starting up a library though?" Niamh pointed out. "Plus, that would make it much easier to get in here when we need to and find that passage."

"Yeah, but-"

"-it's a yes then," Niamh declared. She returned to the railing and spotted Mr. Owen still waiting down below. "Yes. We'd like for it to open."

"Wonderful," Mr. Owen grinned.

~~~~~
Sibuna was sitting in the lounging area of Anubis house, and Jonah was holding out the picture of the puzzle on his phone. Sarah had her laptop and tried researching the best she could, but there was nothing she could find that was even close to what they needed.

As soon as Mr. Rainier had come into the room and glanced toward them, they covered everything up. He squinted at them but didn't inquire about it and headed into the kitchen.

"Let's take this somewhere more secluded," Sarah whispered to the rest. "Like the attic."

The others agreed and they stood up all at once and planned to leave when Tyler had come into the room with his bag strapped around his shoulder.

"And so the conspiracy lives on," Tyler remarked.

Don't bother yourself with this, Tyler," Sarah told him.

"But I want to know what's going on."

The four shook their heads, or gave him a pat on the shoulder, or just shrugged at the comment. They passed by him and left the room, rushing upstairs and out of sight. Tyler just shook his head.

~~~~~
After realizing Sibuna wouldn't be able to figure anything on their own, Jared decided he'd take it upon himself and inquire outside the club for more information. He had Jonah send him the picture he had taken and headed off to Rachel's room later that night. He was reluctant to ask Tyler since he was becoming suspicious of the club.

He slipped inside the room quietly considering curfew was approaching considerably close. He could even hear Mr. Carroway announcing curfew from downstairs and kept his voice low as both Rachel and Niamh faced him.

He gave a glance to Niamh before facing Rachel. "Hey, can I talk to you? Outside, maybe?"

"Um..." Rachel glanced over at Niamh and then back at him. "Sure." She rose from her bed and followed Jared out into the hall. He left the door cracked as they stood across from eachother outside.

Jared held the phone up to her face. "Recognize this?"

Rachel pushed it down from being so close to her eyes and studied the picture of the squares, some marked, some not. "No."

"None of it?" Jared urged.

"Well...the symbols on some of the squares look kind of familiar. I'm not sure exactly what it is though...Egyptian, I'm sure-"

"-yes, yes, and?" Jared heard Mr. Carroway coming up the stairs and hoped he wouldn't come into the hall of the girls' rooms and spot him there. But just in case he would, he wanted to get the most he could from Rachel.

"Why don't you just send me the image, and tomorrow, I'll see what I can find."

Jared approved of that idea and had Rachel input her number into his phone. He bid her a goodnight and headed down the hall, waited by the door until Mr. Carroway was already past, and hurried downstairs.

Rachel hesitated before heading back into her room. For a moment she wondered if Tyler could've possibly been right, and Jared and his friends were up to something. Wherever the picture had been taken would have something to do with it, but then again, she didn't want to concern herself too much with what anybody else did or didn't do. She pushed the thoughts out of her mind and went back into her room to sleep for the night.

~~~~~
Here is the chapter for you lovely readers. I don't have much time, so I'll keep this final bit fairly brief. Here are the discussion questions-

How do you think the reopening of the library will be?

Do you think Rachel will be able to solve the puzzle?

Do you think Rachel will become as suspicious of Sibuna as Tyler?

Alright, that's all for now, Aristocrats! Until next time!