House of Organization/House of Forewarning

Sarah caught up with Jonah as school was letting out, and she grabbed his shoulder, anxious with information.

"I need your help," she informed him excitedly. "We're going to plan a date together."

Jonah coughed a bit at the sound of that and almost began choking until he recollected himself and realized Sarah was staring at him oddly. "Sorry."

"Yeah...so Lucille and Jared totally fancy eachother; they're just too afraid to admit it. So, it's up to us to organize their fancy dinner date and have them just so happen to meet up there together."

"Right..." Jonah nodded, catching on. "When did I sign up for this again?"

"Right now. Come on!" Sarah grabbed Jonah's hand and pulled him even faster to Anubis house so they could get to planning for the weekend ahead.

~~~~~
During theater rehearsals after school, William avoided Rachel as much as possible and she did the same to him as well. Luckily, they had few scenes to rehearse since Mr. Duval was focused on some of the other characters. William walked across the room and stood over by Niamh who was leaning against the wall.

"Maybe you should cover for me," William advised. "I think I might head back to Anubis house early."

"What happened to William?" Niamh asked him. "You know the 'so-into-theater' William? Rachel hasn't gotten you this down lately, has she?"

"Just cover for me." William grabbed his bag and headed out the room.

Niamh glanced over at Rachel who hadn't noticed William's departure. Instead, Rachel was speaking with some other students. Niamh went over to Mr. Duval who stood just near Rachel and told him, "William was feeling a bit sick. He headed back to the house early."

"Sick?" Rachel repeated concernedly, overhearing her.

Niamh ignored her. Mr. Duval allowed Niamh's excuse on behalf of William, and Niamh turned to walk back over to the wall, sending a glare toward Rachel as she passed by.

Just as she leaned against it, she felt a buzz in her pocket. She brought out her phone and checked her messages, seeing that it was from a random number but she had a good idea of who it was, especially by the message, which read:

That letter, I'm expecting it by the time of parents' day. I'll be there

Niamh lowered her phone. She hadn't told anyone what the letter was for. The only person who had known about it, as far as the school goes, was Mr. Carroway since he had to sign it. She came to the conclusion that Jared may have stolen it, but he still wasn't able to read it. Perhaps when she returned the letter to the very person requesting it, it'd be out of her life for good.

~~~~~
Tyler had spent time at Anubis house researching about the puzzle and what he could've gotten wrong. When he finally came across it, he was eager to share the information, and so he ran with his laptop into Jonah and Jared's room. He found Jared in there who frowned at the sight of him, but Tyler didn't question it.

"I know what went wrong," Tyler told him.

"I'm sure you do."

Tyler went on to explain. "To the ancient Egyptians, a complete cycle consisted of six consecutive days. What I thought is that we just had to cycle through one day, but-"

"-but we have to hold those levers for six times along because that is the equivalent of six days," Jared finished.

"Th-that's right," Tyler approved, shutting his laptop.

"Yeah, well I was saving the both of us from your nerd rant. We'll talk more about it at the next Sibuna meeting, yeah?"

"Yeah," Tyler nodded. He left out with his laptop, passing by Lucille who was just coming up to the same room.

Lucille acknowledged him and then went into Jared's room herself, where he appeared a bit more enthusiastic to see her than he did to see Tyler.

Lucille pulled out a book from behind her back. "I brought you 'Green Eggs and Ham'," Lucille smiled, "like you asked."

Jared hadn't expected Lucille to actually get the book for him, but he accepted it. He stood up and took it from her.

"Thanks."

"Would you like me to stay and help?" Lucille asked politely.

"I can handle it. I'll report back to you soon, Lucille," Jared replied.

"Lucy," Lucille corrected. "My friends call me Lucy."

Jared hesitated for a moment and flashed a tender smile. He repeated, "Lucy."

~~~~~
The weekend had come along, and Sarah and Jonah managed to warn everyone in the house-with the exception of Jared and Lucille-that they weren't to go in the kitchen area that evening. They permitted Mr. Rainier although, upon realizing that none of them could cook well enough themselves.

Sarah and Jonah set up the candles and plates at the table, and Sarah brought her phone to play romantic music when it was time to do so. The two of them felt fairly accomplished that evening, and all they had to do was bring Lucille and Jared in at the same time.

"Someone knows how to set up a date," Jonah complimented Sarah.

"I couldn't have done it without you," Sarah grinned. "As long as everything goes according to plan, we will have officially brought two lovebirds together."

"Yeah, and maybe afterwards, we can work on two other people," Jonah suggested generically.

Sarah gasped, getting a sudden idea and not catching on. "We can turn this into a business!"

Jonah laughed awkwardly.

"Relax, I was kidding."

"Yeah," Jonah responded. He changed the subject. "We should go get Jared and Lucille now, before the night slips by." Jonah led the way out, and he went off to fetch Jared while Sarah did the same in regards to Lucille.

~~~~~
And so the date waits to be revealed until the next chapter. It might go well...it might go terrible...We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as usual, here are some discussion questions:

Who do you think wants the letter from Niamh?

How do you think the date will go?

That's all for now. Until next time, Aristocrats!