House of Roles/House of Inductions

Rachel and William returned to the school on Saturday for their callbacks. After everyone got through their performances, the roles would be announced to them about fifteen minutes following. Before Rachel was called to go up on stage, William turned to her in his seat.

"Rachel, I have something to ask you."

"Mhm?"

William opened his mouth again but hesitated for just a moment, and in that moment of hesitation, Rachel's name was called. She told William to ask her later, and she scurried on stage. William slumped back in his seat, realizing the opportunity that had just been snatched away from him.

Eventually auditions had wrapped up, and William didn't bring back up his question. Instead he sat there silently, waiting for the results on who got the roles.

Mr. Duval stepped onto the stage with a clipboard in hand, ready to announce the roles.

"...In the role of Juliet," he final made it to the relevant piece of information, "Rachel McGrath-"

William congratulated Rachel as she sat there, barely able to believe what she had just heard.

"-and in the role of Romeo...William Lewis."

William hopped up from his seat and did a silent cheer, but he sat back down once he realized there were other roles to be announced. Once Mr. Duval had finished, both Rachel and William sprang out of their seats, and William instinctively grabbed Rachel by the hand.

"We should celebrate," he suggested sooner than any interruptions could stop him.

"Yeah, of course," Rachel agreed, discreetly slipping her hand away from his. "I can invite Tyler as well, and the three of us will do something fun."

"Well, I..." William trailed off before returning with a softer tone. "I was thinking it should be just us. I mean...we're the ones who got the roles..."

"True," Rachel validated, "but..." She noticed the pleading expression on William's face. "I guess it can just be between us."

William smiled and pulled Rachel along with him more excitedly than she had intended him to.

~~~~~
Back at the house, Jared had met up with Lucille to explain to her the plan of investigating Niamh. He hoped to distract Niamh long enough for Lucille to go into her room and find anything suspicious.

"You've got to be insane," Lucille responded once he was done explaining.

"It's okay to be insane if you're genius as well."

"But you're not..."

"Ouch."

"I mean, you're not stupid, but that is an incredibly stupid idea," Lucille admitted. "What makes you think I'll search through her personal things?"

"Search through whose personal things?" Sarah asked, coming down the stairs to where they stood in the foyer. "If you're plotting something, you might as well do it in private."

"Eh." Jared shrugged.

Sarah shrugged as well. "Anyway, the three of us and Jonah should have a meeting some time today. We realized we never really inducted you into Sibuna."

"Sibu-what now?" Jared inquired.

"Exactly. I'll gather us all up later today, yeah?"

Jared and Lucille nodded. Then, Sarah headed off into the kitchen. The foyer was silent for a moment until Lucille suddenly turned back toward Jared and posed the question, "Do you like Niamh?"

"Never," Jared defended.

"Well you can't be this interested in her all for nothing," Lucille pointed out.

"Pfft, says who?"

"Says every logical human being on the planet," Lucille replied. "You don't have to keep it a secret; you can tell me anything."

Jared raised his hands over his heart dramatically. "Have we really reached that level of friendship?"

Lucille said nothing, but instead she just giggled at him.

~~~~~
Rachel and William had arrived back to the house later on that day and met up with Tyler. The adults, Mr. Carroway and Mr. Rainier had left some time, each at different points during the day. Sarah eventually decided it was time to gather Jonah, Jared, and Lucille for the meeting. She led them up to the attic, and they pulled out a sheet to sit on.

Sarah went into explaining what Sibuna was according to the video she had seen. She showed them the official gesture of Sibuna and made sure they had a clear understanding of all that was said to them.

"When do I get my powers?" Jared immediately asked.

"I guess you already have them," Sarah inferred. "You just have to learn how to use them."

Jared moaned. "Sounds like work."

Lucille stood to her feet and gravitated toward the wall, pulling out the Eye of Horus necklace which was around her neck and hidden beneath her shirt. She brought it toward a certain area of the wall, where there was an Eye of Horus engraving, and as they met contact, there was a red glow and then a secret compartment opened up.

Jonah, Sarah, and Jared stood to their feet.

"If all we can do is open compartments, we might as well be normal," Jared sighed.

"Can you stop complaining?" Jonah asked his brother.

"I can but I won't."

Jonah took a deep breath and moved on. He reached into his pocket and brought out a folded sheet of paper. "So, I wrote down that riddle-the one we heard in the cellar-and we should work on getting this solved."

"Is anyone familiar with Egyptian mythology?" Lucille asked, glancing around.

"I bet one of those nerds are," Jared pointed out. "You know, Tyler and Rachel."

"Just because they're extremely smart doesn't mean they want to be called nerds," Sarah told him.

"More importantly, it doesn't mean they know all that there is to know with Egyptian myth," Jonah added.

"Yeah," Jared began, obviously dismissing their logic, "but you know how nerds use their free time to do nerd-things. So hey, what are the odds that one of them has looked into Egyptian history at least? I'd say our chances are pretty high."

"We still shouldn't get so many people in on Sibuna," Sarah declared. "This is something exclusive, about trust. It's serious-"

"-blah, blah, blah," Jared yawned. "We can get information from them without them knowing what we're getting information for...Seriously, what would you guys do without me?"

"Is he always this obnoxious?" Sarah asked Jonah.

"Sadly."

~~~~~
And here is yet another chapter for you all! I really hope you enjoyed it, and here is just one discussion question:

Do you think Sibuna will be able to get information from Tyler and/or Rachel?

Until next time, Aristocrats!