House of Triads/House of Video Chats

Sibuna had gathered back after lights out in Jonah and Jared's room, after they had conducted research-Jonah and Jared researching information about Sekhmet, Ptah, and Nefertum.

"Okay, what'd you find?" Sarah asked as she and Lucille sat on the floor. Jonah grabbed his computer and him and Jared sat down on the ground as well. He proceeded in explaining.

"Well just just to get an idea of the caliber we're dealing with, Sekhmet's name literally means "She who is Powerful'," Jonah began. "She, like Ptah and Nefertum, had a cult based in Memphis-"

"-wait, wait...A cult?" Sarah repeated.

"It's as bad as it sounds," Jared admitted.

Jonah continued. "She is considered a terrifying goddess of flame and used most of her creative power for destructive forces. She sent plagues against all those who angered her and eventually came to detest mankind as a whole."

"Basically, she was an evil, crazy lady," Jared summed up.

"But," Jonah continued yet again, "she was also the protector of Ma'at, God of balance and justice, which is really counterintuitive, because why would someone evil be the protector of something good? So I did more research on this and...I didn't find anything about that. Although, I did find information about her final plague ever. She was determined to wipe out the entirety of mankind, but her father, Ra, wasn't content with this."

"So Ra knew Sekhmet had this freaky fetish for blood-psychotic, I know-" Jared butted-in incorporating fancy hand-motions as he spoke, "-and he dumped a bunch of wine into the city. Well Sekhmet, thinking it was blood, drank it all. And I don't really know what the alcohol tolerance for Egyptian gods are, but however much she drank must've been a lot, because she died."

"She didn't die; she was put into a coma," Jonah corrected.

"Eh."

"Well the first she saw upon waking was Ptah, which takes us to our next god," Jonah explained. "Ptah was practically the creator of everything. He made the entire universe by the 'wish of heart', and from then on he was the master architect. He was a protector of Egypt and settled the fights between other Egyptian gods. And later, when he had discovered Sekhmet, he decided to marry her. It just so happens that a few days later, he began using his powers for destruction as well."

"So Ptah was a good guy," Jared summed up, "but Sekhmet was like 'no, no, mister. I run this marriage around here. If anything-'"

"-we get it, Jared!" Jonah cut off sharply. "And then there was Nefertum," Jonah continued on, "son of Ptah and Sekhmet. He's apparently the god of lotus blossoms and used his lotuses to heal gods and people, alike. I could honestly only find good things about him, all about healing and life and fertility."

"So he was pretty chill," Jared stated in conclusion.

"These three made up the Triad of Memphis," Jonah explained, "which supposedly meant they were protectors of the city."

"But that goes against what you told us about Sekhmet and Ptah..." Lucille trailed. "So what? Are they good or evil?"

"Perhaps there's only one way to find out," Jonah responded truthfully as he shut his laptop.

"You're actually talking about waking them," Sarah caught on instantly. "Like that's a casual thing to do."

"We're already on our way there," Jonah argued. "And if something goes wrong, we have the Chosen One and Osirion to protect us." He glanced between Lucille and Jared.

"Yeah, the Chosen One and Osirion who have no idea what half of their powers even are," Lucille stated matter-of-factly.

"Well your parents are coming this Friday, right?" Jared asked, glancing between both Lucille and Sarah.

~~~~~
Thursday night had sprung up on everyone fairly quickly, and the theater was on overdrive to perfect anything that wasn't perfected, and force the perfected bits to be even better. Rachel and William had become much more professional at faking their attraction toward one another; after all, that's what acting was all about, and acting was the only reason they'd communicate.

Niamh had been avoiding William the entire time as well, and William had simply given up on apologizing seeing as he wouldn't dare tread on a path he didn't belong.

Meanwhile, Sarah was curled in her blankets as she cried at her computer screen, all while Lucille was out of the room. She wiped her tears away as each of them came rolling down her cheeks, but she wore a smile nonetheless.

She had been video chatting with her parents on the other end.

"And you're sure you can't hop on a plane real quick and visit?" Sarah pleaded.

"We're sorry, Sarah," Nina apologized. "We wish we could; it's just we've been at this convention here in America, and the timing didn't work out well, but...next time, definitely."

"I'm just a little homesick, that's all," Sarah admitted. "Maybe seeing you guys would help."

"Well we'll do our best to video chat again Saturday," Fabian smiled. "And you can tell us about everything that's happened, and all the new friends you've made, and how much you just love boarding school."

Sarah giggled through her sobs.

"We love you," Fabian said just before he and Nina had to go.

"I love you too," Sarah sniffled as she closed down her laptop.

Just then Lucille entered the room and noticed Sarah's face in her hands.

"Sarah, are you alright?" Lucille asked.

"Mhm," Sarah nodded and sniffled. "Just found out my parents aren't coming tomorrow, but it's cool. It's totally fine."

Sarah suddenly received a text on her phone and she checked to see who it was.

But guess who's coming instead!!!

Immediately after the message was a bright, smiling image of Amber, and she realized Amber herself had sent it. This lifted Sarah's spirit to an extent, as it was always a joy to see Amber.

~~~~~
Well...the parents are coming next chapter. So we'll see what's in store when the time comes. And Amber is actually coming, but Nina and Fabian sadly couldn't make it. Not because I wouldn't be able to keep up with that many characters in one chapter, but because they were definitely stuck at a convention in America...

And for those three Egyptian gods, you basically need to remember what Jared said, so Sekhmet is evil, Ptah was good but his wife is a terrible influence, and Nefertum is pretty chill. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. No discussion questions this time because it's basically an entire chapter of information. But as always, until next time, Aristocrats.