House of Assistance/House of Construction

Niamh went to check on Jared during the day. He wasn't in the mood to see anyone so he rolled over on his bed.

"I was hoping we could do some more research or something," Niamh began. "Anything that'll take your mind off of-" She stopped herself early. "Are you alright, Jared?"

Jared didn't respond.

Niamh took a deep breath. She realized this wouldn't be the time to make any snarky comments or insulting remarks so she tried her best to be respectful of the situation.

"Well..." she trailed off for a moment. "If you ever need me...you know where to find me." With that, she headed out.

~~~~~
Just before Sibuna planned to head down to the cellar, Sarah went up to her room to grab her laptop and borrow Lucille along with her locket.

"Look, I just need you for a few second," Sarah pleaded. "Jonah, William, and I need to get down to the cellar."

Lucille trudged behind Sarah until they were in the kitchen where Jonah and William were waiting, Jonah holding a bag of the seven staff pieces. Lucille opened the bread oven for them and once the three were through, she let down the door but left it unlocked for when they returned.

Sarah, Jonah, and William headed straight into Frobisher's study where Sarah placed her laptop in the chair and Jonah proceeded to spread out the staff pieces on the desk.

"So...let's try this out," Jonah muttered as he glanced between the others.

He began with the five rods which made up the center, and he snapped the pieces together, one-by-one. He released the blade of the bottom piece and then placed it onto the staff. Finally, as Sarah held the staff upright, Jonah snapped on the goblet which then emitted a faint glow around the perimeter. The joints in between each rod also lit up momentarily as they sealed together and completed the staff.

"Cool," William awed, drawing out the 'oo' sound.

Sarah handed the staff to Jonah. "I was thinking you two can carry on through the tunnels. Meanwhile, I'll finally get to looking into William's kidnapper."

"Good idea," Jonah nodded. He went over to the bookcase but just before heading through he glanced back at Sarah and said, "Stay safe, alright?"

"Likewise."

Jonah and William headed off through the tunnel.

Sarah sat down in the arm chair and opened up her computer on her lap, going to the files. She could see most everything from his music to his text messages to his memos to his Internet search history.

"Nice going, Ty," Sarah whispered to herself.

She investigated everything and anything that would lead her to discovering more about this guy. She discovered everyone who contacted him referred to him as "Rusk", whether that was his actual name or not. He had several contacts which she didn't recognize, but then she came across Mr. Rainier's name in an email which dated several years back. It had to do with the old museum; he had apparently been inquiring about the museum's possessions.

Sarah then came across a text to Mr. Harvey which was much more recent. Rusk was instructing Mr. Harvey to meet with him a few days following. The text was sent just a few days before William's rescue mission, and that must've been why Mr. Harvey had shown up while Sarah was trying to return the phone.

From this she gathered that this person had affiliation with the society, and it seemed like an alliance, although that could've just been with Mr. Harvey solely.

She then came across messages to a person who she absolutely recognized concerning something that wasn't directly mentioned, but it seemed as though he was very adamant about it.

The messages were to Niamh.

That was when Sarah decided she'd have to tell someone soon. If Niamh was familiar enough with this guy to receive those texts from him, she could be in danger or she may have something to do that's concerned with Sibuna. Sarah stuffed her laptop under the couch's cushions and went after Jonah and William in the tunnels.

~~~~~
Jonah and William finally made it to the task room, William getting flashbacks from the time he fell. He backed away a bit but quickly recovered before Jonah could notice.

A stump suddenly appeared in the center of the room where the staff could be placed. Jonah and William crept along towards the center, both of them holding onto the spear. Jonah took the authority to stick the blade into the slot and then twist it as it seemed he had to do. A glow spread across the ground and the staff locked in place. Jonah and William figured that was all they had to do to cross safely and they continued across the other half of the room to the next passageway.

The next riddle began as they approached the next room.

Hidden below this accursed treasure,
Hail the begotten son.
And his staff forged from the primeval waters,
The embodiment of Nun.
The bud of the lotus,
May it be flourished,
And as so, blessed,
By she who weeps the sacred tears,
In the time of sunset.

Jonah quickly jotted the riddle down so that he wouldn't forget it. After the riddle was over, Jonah and William took the time to assess the room before them, the walls draped in dreary vines with dead lotuses which drooped down from them. All the vines lined the walls and floor, trailing off to the center of the room which had a similar stump to the one which just sprang up in the previous room.

The two of them turned to head back just as they saw Sarah running towards them.

"Woah, what's the rush?" William asked.

"This mystery man," Sarah began, out of breath, "he not only knows members of the society-he knows a student in the house. Personally."

"Who?" Jonah inquired.

"Niamh."

~~~~~
Mhm, mhm, mhm...you might know who this man is now. Anyway, hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. No discussion questions for this chapter though, so yeah, I apologize for that.

Anyway, until next time Aristocrats.