Fifty-Twooooo:)

-Mayah's POV-

I sat in the waiting room, playing with my fingers. I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I looked up and saw Michael walking toward me.

His face has disappointment written all over it. I stood up from my chair, walking to him with my arms wide.

Michael walked into my arms and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back, rubbing his back soothingly.

"I'm so sorry, Mikey. This must be so hard for you," I whispered to him.

Michael didn't say anything. He just wept silently onto my shoulder. I didn't blame him. He knew Cal a lot longer than I did and he must've been crushed. I couldn't imagine how the rest of the band was taking this.

Michael pulled away after a little while, wiping his eyes. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy.

"Do you need time alone? To think?" I suggested softly.

He nodded, sniffling.

I gave him a small smile, walking into the hallway to give him some space.

I paced back and forth down the hallway, when I felt my back pocket buzz.

I whipped out my phone, checking the caller ID.

Aspyn

I pressed the green answer button, bringing my phone to my ear.

"Aspyn?" I asked.

"Mayah! Thank god, I thought you died!" She breathed.

"Um...now's not the time to make jokes like that..." I say quietly.

"Oh...right..." She replied awkwardly.

"So, um, why'd you call?" I ask her, cutting the awkward silence.

"You texted me saying something happened to Calum... Remember?"

"Oh, yeah, right!" I sighed. "Well...uh..." I took a deep breath, trying not to let the tears spill out of my eyes.

"Sorry, this is kind of hard to say..." I say, letting out another sigh.

"Just take your time, Mayah,"

I took another breath, trying to prep myself to tell Aspyn. "Okay," I say, finally ready to tell her. "Okay, so, uh, the doctors were running tests on Calum and he wasn't getting better. He was eventually put on life support," I say, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Aw, My, I'm so sorry,"

"That's not it," I tell her. "The doctors kept checking up on him and they said that it hurts him too much to live. So, they've called Cal's family to ask to..." I tried to finish, but it was just too hard.

"Mayah? What's going on?" Aspyn asked, concerned.

"They—they want his family to sign a contract saying that...that they'll allow the hospital to—to end his suffering," I finally choke out.

"Isn't that good? He won't be suffering anymore,"

"No—no. Like end his suffering...forever..." I barely whisper.

"Oh," she answered.

"Look, Mayah, I'm really sorry," she told me sympathetically.