Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~ Liam ~

I woke up and looked at my clock.

It read 9:48.

So great I slept for almost 4 hours.

I'm surprised I even feel asleep knowing Nina is fighting for her life.

I got up and walked to my door.

I opened it and quietly walked out.

As I walked down the stairs, I couldn't help but think about Nina.

I really hope she's going to be ok.

As I walked out into the living room, I saw that someone was already sitting on the couch.

I looked a bit more carefully and realized that it was Jenna.

I walked over to her and sat down next to her.

She was just staring into space.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Nina." She simply replied.

"I am too." I admitted.

"Do you think she's going to make it?" She asked, turning towards me.

"Nina's strong. I think she has a pretty good chance of making it." I answered.

"Why would she do this?" She asked.

"Honestly Jenna, I don't know. Niall had gotten upset with her earlier, but I don't think that's the reason why. I think something else is going on." I said.

"I feel horrible. Here I am just wondering about if she's going to survive and I don't even know why she did it." Jenna said.

"Hey. Don't feel bad. You didn't know she was going to do this. None of us did. It was totally unexpected." I said

"Liam I can't live without her." She cried.

I pulled her over to me and held her close.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you won't leave me." I begged her.

"I promise." She said.

I felt something drip on my arm and I knew right then and there, she was crying.

"Please don't cry love. I can't stand to see you cry." I said.

"Then you might have to look away." She said, her voice cracking a bit at the end.

"Jenna please. We're going to get through this together. Okay? Lets work together and things will get better." I said.

"And what if things don't get better Liam? What if everything falls apart?" She questioned, now turned and looking at me.

"If everything falls apart, you always have me to lean back on." I said.

"Do you really mean that?" She asked.

"Yes I really do." I said.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged me.

"Thank you so much Liam." She whispered.

"No problem." I whispered in her ear.

I rubbed her back and that's when I heard footsteps coming into the room.

Still holding Jenna, I saw that it was Louis.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hi." Louis said.