Chapter 29

Please read the note at the end!

Chapter 29

~ Louis ~

I can't even believe how but all of us are home except for Niall.

He refused to leave Nina alone.

It's hard not being with Nina.

I mean, I've wanted to protect her forever but especially more when I got her from Tom.

It's just like I can't now.

There's nothing I can do to keep her safe anymore.

She's growing up and she won't want to be with her boring brother anymore.

I guess I just don't really want to believe it.

I guess when Nina was born 17 years ago, I thought I would just protect her at all times.

I may have only been 5 at the time but I just knew it.

It's my job as the older brother to protect her from the world.

Beat the boys that break her heart, pick her up when she's fallen, steer her in the right direction when she's lost.

So many other things and I just can't do it.

I just don't fit this position and when I left for X Factor, that just ruined it.

Sure everyone back home knew that that I loved to sing and that it was the only thing I wanted to do, but that required me to leave my family for a bit.

I still remember the day clearly, like it was just a couple hours ago.

~ Flashback ~

"Time to go Louis. You're going to be late!" Said my father.

I quickly gathered everything I needed and ran down the stairs.

My dad and Nina were both standing at the door waiting for me.

Once I got to the front door, I placed my things down and cautiously looked at them.

"C'mere son." Dad said.

I walked over to him and he pulled me into a hug.

It was a father to son hug, not a cute little hug that last for 2 seconds.

He patted my back and let me go.

"You'll do great, I know you will." He said.

"Thanks dad." I said.

I turned to Nina and she had tears coming out of her eyes.

I pulled her into a tight huge and we wrapped our arms around each other.

She cried into my chest and I could feel the tears soaking in through my shirt.

"Don't go." She mumbled.

"I've got to go." I said.

"Please don't leave me." She begged.

I pulled away from the tight embrace and gripped onto her shoulders.

"Hey boo, listen to me. I may be gone for a bit but no way will I forget my number one bud. You mean the world to me and I don't want to leave you either. You have to promise me one thing though." I said.

"What's that?" She cried.

"You have to promise me that no matter what happens, you will always be there to give me a hug and a boost to get me going again." I said.