Chapter 55

Chapter 55

~ Nina ~

I slowly woke up but I had no idea what time it was.

When I sat up, I instantly gripped my waist to try to get rid of the excruciating pain.

I looked over to Niall and saw his shirt had gone up a little.

I noticed a scar on his lower left abdomen from the time he was shot.

Frowning, I lightly ran my finger tips over the top of it.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you sorry, love?" Niall mumbled, just waking up.

"Oh I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to wake you up." I said, retracting from him quickly.

"Are you still upset about my scar? I'm okay, right? You're okay, right?" Niall said now fully awake.

"I just feel guilty. It's like I put it there. If Louis never took me with him and I never came into your life, you wouldn't even have that scar." I sighed.

"But the thing is, I'm glad you're in my life. Having this scar, reminds me that I saved you. I wouldn't just jump and take the bullet for anyone Nina. I did it for you because I care about you and I love you. You're my whole world and without you, I'd be nothing. I'm so glad I took the bullet for you because I wouldn't want to see it hit you. I love you too much to see you suffer like that." Niall poured his heart out to me and I couldn't stop the tears forming in my eyes and then slowly slid down my cheeks.

"Niall, I love you so much and it means the world to me that you would take the bullet for me." I said quietly but my voice cracked at the end.

He pulled me next to him and wrapped his arm around my waist, slowly and gently rubbing it, not hurting me but relieving some of the pain.

After awhile of just sitting in silence with Niall occasionally kissing my head, I asked a question.

"When do you think Tom is coming back for me?"

"I don't know, maybe he won't. But until then, let's just enjoy the time we have together right now." He said.

"How do you think the boys are?" I asked.

"Hard to say. Maybe they escaped before anyone could catch them." He answered.

How can he be so calm?

How is he not scared?

"Hey babe, " He nodded, "Are you scared?"

He seemed a little surprised by my question because of the shocked look on his.

"It's alright, you can tell me." I added.

I knew he might be holding back what he is thinking because he wants to act strong in front of me.

But he doesn't need to hide his feelings.

"Well of course I'm scared. I don't want you or the guys to get hurt." He said.

"But are you scared for yourself?" I pushed farther.

He was quiet and lowered his gaze to the floor before slightly nodding his head.

"Don't worry, Niall. It'll all work out in the end." I said rubbing his arm lightly.

"I really hope so." He replied.

~ Zayn ~

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well one thing I know we're not going to do is just sit around, waiting to be punished. We need to clean this room." Liam stated.