Chapter 3: Hope

"It is a sad thing that in order to realize your true emotions, you must be faced with a tragedy which unlocks them."

Chapter 3:
Hope

BELLAMY POV:

''Clarke has been in there for more than half an hour! She had enough time.'' I exclaimed as I stood just before the ladder leading to the 2nd floor. My hand clenched  on the touch of the cold metal, I unlocked the door and went in. When I rose my head above to see them, I saw the horror. The boy sent to protect Clarke was dead. His throat slit,blood still fresh. Murphy was gone and so was Clarke. How? I asked myself while trying to figure out what to do next. Miller took the boy and carried him off the dropship, he deserved a proper burial.

I came out and climbed on the large rock we had in the middle of the camp so everyone can see and hear me clearly. I told them what has happened but nothing on my future plans on how to get Clarke back, if it wasn't late by now.

Finn entered the dropship where a couple of us were coming up with strategies and plans. He was furious but you could also see the fear in his eyes, I almost felt bad for him.

''I'm coming with you.'' he said, full determination in his voice.

''What is your girlfriend going to say about that?'' Was it weird that I didn't want him to come? I didn't trust him and I definitely didn't want him to be there when Clarke was finally safe in my arms. / I immediately rethink-ed my thought from a second ago. We needed her when someone would get hurt and she was my partner, leadership wise. Nothing else.

''How about you stop being a jackass wannabe and let me help you.' I get it, he still loves  Clarke, but he couldn't do her much good.

''Look, I don't know what exactly happened between you guys but she wouldn't want to see you, not even on her bed rest.'' He should get my point. Neither Clarke nor I would want him to be there, maybe he'll back off. I don't need a brat tailing us like a puppy.

''I don't care if she'll be happy if she saw me. I'd rather have her hate me and be alive than love me and be dead.'' I just nodded, it was good enough for me. I guess a Spacewalker's hand wouldn't do us much harm. Maybe he knows something we don't.
''Fine. Meet you at the gate in 20. Take what is necessary, nothing else.''

Finn looked at me with gratitude, I didn't really care. I was overly annoyed by his appearance, so I just rolled my eyes at him and walked away.

MURPHY POV:

''So, Clarke. You think the King will be able to rule the Kingdom without his Princess?'' That was rhetorical, I didn't quite care what she thought, no one understood why I'd do what I had to.First chance they got, they charged me for something I hadn't done. So, it was okay to hang the Innocent? While you let the person responsible for the death live? Clarke just stared at me, fear in her eyes. She didn't know if these where her last breaths.

''Oh Princess,don't worry. The fun will begin when the King arrives.'' I said,full of confidence.

''What makes you think he'll show up? I'm not his favorite person just so you know.'' I didn't know what she wanted me to say, that Bellamy will show up to save her? He will show up, but saving won't be a part of it.

''Because I know he wouldn't let his Princess die.''

''His Princess? Have you met us? We barely talk, and when we do it's mostly arguing.'' She had a point, but I knew Bellamy. Underneath all of that he had a conscious and he wasn't about to let an innocent die. Because her blood would be on his hands.

CLARKE POV:

Murphy made no sense. I knew he wanted us dead, but nothing he said was believable, he was delusional.

He was holding me in a cave of some sort. You could feel the high humidity surrounding us, air was thick and I could smell something rotting, I almost puked. It was dark, but I could see the way out, a little bit of light just breaking through to guide your way. The ground was wet and muddy. By the sound of it, we were right behind a big pile of trees, the noise of branches touching while the cold autumn wind blew through them gave it away. We couldn't have been far from home. 15 min of walking - max.

The sudden quiet worried me. Murphy walked back and fort a couple of times, clearly coming up with a plan. I thought I was sentenced to death when the hearing of sticks breaking  gave me a tiny bit of hope. I closed my eyes and in those 10 seconds I could see my whole life, here on the ground. Just flashes in front of my eyes. Finn -  If I didn't make it, I wanted him to know I forgave him, and I loved him. I probably still did.. oddly enough, I wanted him happiness, even if it meant his happiness didn't lay with me, but with Raven. And for Bellamy... I wanted him to continue leading the 100, they needed him, I wanted him to know it was okay to give in in the emotions for others.

A very familiar voice came through to me, calling out my name. Hope was right to stay with me.
I felt it, I had a chance of surviving.

____

I think I outdid myself with this one. I really hope you liked it and as always give me feedback on what you liked/didn't like and if you have any requests. Big thanks to everyone who read it and is still going to follow the story.

xoxo, Lea