Chapter 32: Ruthless

"Beautiful people are not always good, but good people are always beautiful."

Chapter 32:
Ruthless

SCARLET POV:

Again and again, it never stops. The fighting and the arguments between us seemed to have no end. We both knew of the change between us but were still willing to fight for what used to be love among us. Now, our relationship is filled with anger and misunderstanding of every problem that we face. Nothing is like it was, he seems to be more darkened by the things that Azgeda has brought upon him. He's always out, training, getting ready as if someone was to attack in the exact moment he dropped his guard down. He doesn't sleep, doesn't eat enough, he isn't the same person I fell in love with so long ago. That person died the moment they captured him.

The only reasonable solution was to break the relationship we were in and so, as the only possible thing on my mind to do, I did. He seemed to confide in Octavia more than me, which oddly enough didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I kinda saw the chemistry between them build up, something we used to have long ago and believe it or not, I wanted him to be happy and if that happiness was to be found with Octavia then so be it. I guess that even though we fought on how he had changed, he wasn't the only one. Grief changes you. Loss , changes you..

Take off, get your mind off of things as him and your failed relationship was the sentence the voice in my head advised me to do. I couldn't help but laugh at the state I ended up in. I stomped over to the gate and motioned for the guards to let me through. The gate opened and I exited the camp without anyone but the guards knowing it.

I found myself deep into the forest. Clearing my head, I must have wandered off. Luckily, I knew the way back. The moment I turned ahead towards the camp was the moment I was tackled to the ground by the force I had never experienced. I rolled down the ground while the wild monster of an animal circled around me. My breathing quickened as I noticed my sword was thrown a few meters away, it must have fallen off while the beast jumped me. My left shoulder bled from the 4 cuts of the beast's claws. Just when the dark beast jumped towards me, an arrow was shot right into his head. The weapon threw the animal away from me, killing her in the moment it touched her scull. I laid on the ground, pressing my right hand on the bleeding wound. I opened my eyes and noticed a shadow moving towards me, a glimpse of a man heading my way. He picked up my sword and threw it next to me.

''Thank you.'' I roughly said.

''Don't thank me just yet.'' The guy said, giving me his hand to stand up.

He was tall, muscular and had a lot longer hair than other guys from across the clans. His features were rough and by the circular scar around his right eye I'd say he's a fighter and definitely not a bad one.

He carried an abnormal amount of weapons, hidden across his body armor. Aside from a very visible pack of arrows and a sword who was as large and as sharp as mine, there were a few he carelessly tried to hid. One of them was a short knife hidden inside his boot, it's wooden end sticking out for me to realize.

"How can I repay you for saving my life?" I decided to ask since I knew he'd bring it up.

"I know who you are, I've heard many great things about you Scarlet. What an excellent warrior, careless being and a ruthless killer you are." He told.

"Those days are long behind me." I exclaimed rudely as I picked up my sword.

"I need your skills for one more day. I need you to help me kill the Queen." The mysterious man exclaimed.