Chapter 22: 7 days

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is perfectly enough."

Chapter 22:
7 days

CLARKE'S POV:

''What?!'' I scream at Scarlet with huge worry and distress.

''These two were hunted.'' She motions towards Monty and Harper.

''Why aren't they dead then?'' I asked confused.

''Because they want to frighten your people, then they will kill you all.'' She said roughly as she exchanged looks with both me and Octavia.

''What do we do?'' Octavia asked worryingly.

''You either fight against them or try to strike peace with them.'' Scarlet responded calmly.

''We can't fight! We're not soldiers.'' I exclaimed and Scarlet nodded, understanding.

''That's why I proposed you two things to do.'' She sighed, ''Make peace with them then.''

''How? Is it even doable?'' I asked while Octavia shot me a disturbed look.

''It has to be if you think to save your people.'' Scarlet announced.

''Fine, how do we do it?''

''Anya, our commander will come to you. She will offer you a choice, to stand with them or against them but-'' She paused.

''But what?!'' Octavia asked annoyed.

''But be warned, they want to kill you. Even if you can get a meeting for peace, you need to present them why would they benefit from your alliance. If you fail, she will let my people attack yours and it will be the end of you all.''

''You have have one week before she comes.'' Scarlet told.

Octavia and I both sighed at the hearing of this, Scarlet nodded and let us think this all through. Shivers traveled from the bottom of my body and made their way up. We all exchanged worried and understandable looks. I needed an opinion, a person to discuss this with and a person to tell this to. Bellamy kept running through my mind and I decided to go with the feeling and tell him. He'd help me, us. I rushed towards the exit and moved the shaggy curtains of the drop ship, I faced an inevitably beautiful sight. The rays of sunshine pierced through the treetop as the warm air made its way around our bodies. My feet quickly carried me towards Bellamy's tent and soon I was in front.

''Bellamy!'' I called out to him from outside. He moved the curtain of his tent and moved closer to me.

''Yes, princess?'' He said smirking.

''We need to talk.'' As soon as I told him, his smirk disappeared and he motioned his hand for me to come in.

I followed him inside and he told me to get comfortable on his makeshift bed. We both sat down and firstly the awkward silence arose. I couldn't force the words out of my mouth which earned me a few confused looks from him. 'Ah what the hell, right?' I thought to myself as I made the space around me more comfortable so I'd be more calm. Bellamy crossed his arms in anticipation, I had no idea how he'd react, so I decided to just get it over with.

''Okay, so grounders are hunting our people.'' I finally said it and watched his eyes fill with confusion and worry. His jaw dropped, he was ready to speak but couldn't bring himself to understand the matter. He nodded so I'd continue and I did.

''This morning, Monty and Harper were attacked outside the gates.'' His arms fell to his said as he clenched his jaw.

''Are they-'' He couldn't bring himself to ask if they were alive or not. I moved a little closer to him and took his hand into mine which caused him to lift his head and face my gaze.