Chapter 6: Bullets

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose, fire away.. fire away."

Chapter 6:
Bullets

* A shot was fired *

Clarke and Bellamy both turned around at the near sound of it, just behind them, Finn was standing - his expression was dull, like he just saw a ghost. His fists were clenched around the weapon he held in his hands. They immediately looked back to Murphy, the shot didn't kill him but it did make a pile of blood right beneath him. He was shot in the leg, under the kneecap, it was nothing too serious at the moment - except that it hurt like hell. Only thing serious is if it is not cleaned, the wound would get infected and he could die.

BELLAMY POV:

I looked towards Clarke, her face still in shock from what we witnessed, it was different now. 5 minutes ago they shot to save us, but now it was unnecessary, a plain waste of bullets. - Murphy was unarmed and alone, now that his 'friends' were either unconscious or dead he made us no harm. I wanted to end it, he deserved pain, he deserved to die for everything he did. It was unforgivable. But I had a moment of weakness, I could've done it, it could have been me,not Spacewalker.

I met Clarke's gaze, it was as if she was searching for an answer within my eyes, she didn't know what to do... I turned to face Finn, he wasn't as pale as he was 2 minutes ago, he knew what he did and he knew it was a right thing to do. Yet he made a choice, he didn't kill Murphy but he gave him enough pain so he'd wish he's dead. Murphy could've come back at any second and kill any of our people- Clarke - for that matter, but Finn made sure he didn't, or at least Murphy couldn't try. I had an enormous amount of respect for Finn.

''Nicely done, Spacewalker. I'm glad to see that you know how to make tough decisions.'' I said confidently, I knew Clarke is not gonna like it, but she was weak and in process she pulled me with her, she made me weak too.. Clarke looked at me with disappointment, I broke her gaze and walked over to Finn.

''It had to be done.'' I told him with understanding of what he did. I put my hand on his shoulder.

''I know.'' He replied, sure of his answer but not sure of Clarke's.. He turned to face her but she couldn't stand to meet his eyes.

''Clarke, who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things..'' I told her, partially justifying everything the spacewalker did and partially what I've done since we landed.

''You're right. It had to be done. We are leaving, leave him here. If he's lucky enough, he'll get his second chance and if he's not - then we are the lucky ones.'' She said, her voice calm, not caring what so ever. It was like she just switched off her humanity. Spacewalker and I exchanged worried looks..

CLARKE POV:

We were going back to camp, all of us - still in tacked, we have left Murphy behind, back at the forest, struggling with the pain the gunshot wound caused. He got what he deserved, yes - but I wasn't happy that Finn had to decide his fate.

There is a very high chance Murphy will not survive the ground while in this condition. My humanity wanted me to turn around and help him, but my sanity told me to shut it off, to don't feel while it is and then remember and might worry when it isn't. I wouldn't bargain with Murphy's life, he was prepared to end both Bellamy and I, he was the one person who didn't need saving nor forgiveness. - Because it was impossible to get any, his soul was darkened and long,long gone.

OCTAVIA POV:

The quiet of the camp rose when a small bunch walked through the gate. People cheered in their arrival, I turned to see Bellamy, Clarke and the original rescue team. I was so glad to see my big brother and my best friend here at last, a big rock fell from my heart when seeing them. Things were dull without them, I honestly thought I was never to see Clarke again..
I ran up to them, firstly hugging Clarke. I held her tight in my arms with a wide smile on my face, she returned my embrace and mumbled

"You have no idea how glad I am to see you, to see anyone again. I honestly though I'd die in Murphy's arms, which might I add - No one wants, and luckily no one ever will!" I broke the embrace looking directly into her eyes.

"Clarke I thought your inevitable was to die.. I have never been so glad to be wrong." She let a small smile while bringing her head down..

"You know, O I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Bellamy." I looked at her, shock covering my face.. but it wasn't just shock, looking at her my mind wondered off and I thought my brother was finally becoming that one person who he always wanted to be and she will finally see that he is not a monster, even tho he claims to be.

Monty and Jasper came rushing to see if Clarke was alright. Raven ran off to Finn and my brother was explaining what happened to the crowd.

I walked up to my brother to ask him what has happened, he looked worried and nervous, I needed to know why. ''O, back off! I am tired and all I want is sleep right now.'' he groaned, practically annoyed by my presents. It wasn't like him to talk to me like that... What happened out there?

I went to see Miller to get some answers. I noticed some kind of markings around Bell's neck, it seemed to be from a rope. He told me how Bellamy went to save Clarke and they both ended up tied. Murphy was prepared to play Hangman with them.... Finn saved them in the crucial moment, if he was late even a bit... they could've died. But it still doesn't explain what is happening to Bell! He was strong, he couldn't let something like this get to him --> It wasn't his 1st time avoiding death.. It was something else that bothered him.

____

OMG the 6th chapter is finally done and I am very proud of how it turned out! I hope you guys like it and are intrigued to know the rest! What's up with Bellamy? Why didn't anyone else noticed that? Or did they? All of these questions and more will be answered in the next chapter so hang in there! Now before you get angry for what has happened to Murphy, keep in mind he may not end up necessary dead. - Comment, vote and follow! Leave me feedback and feel free to ask for some specific requests! I love making you guys happy and reading the kind comments makes me want to continue while staying motivated! THANK YOU for over 400 reads and keep reading and voting !!!! Love you guys!

xoxo, Lea