Chapter 11: A ground and A girl

"Own what is yours or else others will try to."

Chapter 11:
A ground and A girl

CLARKE POV:

I broke from Bellamy's embrace and looked straight into his warm, dark-brown eyes. He met my gaze and we stayed like that for some time. Yes, it was awkward but also it was extremely sweet. I have never met this side of him, the side who will not abandon you or yell at you, the side who will not demand things from you even if you're fragile or vulnerable.. the side which will help you and take care of you. I was shocked and proud at the same time. Who would've though that the mighty Bellamy Blake actually cares?

During our stares, he held on to my hand, providing me with comfort and warmth. My look wondered off from his eyes to his dark curly hair, to those adorable freckles around the area of his nose and to his warm - toned lips. I heard stories about him, that he never cared about anyone except his sister. ''His sister, his responsibility'' were the words everyone commented on when watching Octavia and him bond and smile. On the Ark there wasn't any cases with siblings, no one would even dare on having more than one child or the parent would get floated. If a mother was pregnant they would float her before having a baby or after. Everything to save oxygen.. and now 320 people died for the culling on the Ark.. My eyes teared up a little when thinking about all of these people we failed to save. Raven needs to build a radio or more death will follow.

Bellamy stared into my eyes and then lowered his look to my lips and back to my eyes. I knew what he was doing but I wasn't about to become one of those girls. I stood up, interrupting any physical contacts we had. His hand was still around mine but I broke it off, he was facing my back now .

''Clarke.'' He called out    

''Bell,sorry,just umm we have a lot of things to do. Thank you for being here though but we have to get going.'' I wanted him to notice me as a leader and not as a frightened little girl who needed a hand to hold. Also, I wasn't about to sleep with him or give in into his 'player' side so I just made this excuse.

''Bell?'' He asked with a little bit of confusion but also amusement, a slight smirk appeared on his face.

''Yeah, sorry... it was an accident.'' I said awkwardly, my cheeks blushing.

''No, keep it, it's cute.'' He said,slightly smiling - actually smiling! not smirking but smiling!

''Okay.'' I let out a short laugh and lowered my head towards the ground in embarrassment.

''Okay.'' He replied with a laugh

We exited the tent together laughing while everyone looked at us in confusion. The second we got a hold of reality, we both put our 'we are leaders' expressions on and carried on without a word nor any emotions written on our faces. People turned around, continuing whatever the hell they were doing or working on. I waved Bellamy to check the gates and our food supplies while I ran of into Raven's tent to check if she has made any progress on the radio. I entered and she turned around to face the person who just got in to her tent, her smile faded when she realized it was me. 'Great' I though to myself. 'An angry Raven is all I need.'

''Hey, I just wanted to check up on you and to ask if you made any progress so far?'' I said calmly.

''I'll reach out to you when I do.'' She said with cold in her voice, emotionless.

''Raven, I really hope we can work things out. I don't like it like this.'' I told her and I really meant it.

''Oh Clarke, we're good. Don't worry about it.'' She shook her hand and put an obvious fake smile. She turned to look at me when I spoke again.