Chapter 28: A Confession

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory."

Chapter 28:
A Confession

A/N | There's a bit of a time jump, one and a half day, I'll explain why and everything. Enjoy!

CLARKE POV:

I'm gathering my things as we have a few hours before our meeting with the grounders, I heard that Anya's second in command will be joining us for our discussion.

I put all of my things into my dark blue backpack and head out as we have a 2 hour journey ahead of us. A few of our friends will be joining us, Bellamy and I are at the head of the group as we are their leaders. Octavia and Miller decided to tag along as backup. O has been training hard with Scarlet and Lincoln, they all really warmed up to one another I guess. Bellamy has been avoiding me from the moment he saw that I was awake. We exchanged a few of awkward and short conversation but that's all for the almost 48 hours.

I've been trying to talk to him but he just plain ignores my word and moves along from me. It hurts to see our friendship break as I have no idea what is the exact cause.

I take my only jacket and I put it on, I have a grey longsleeved paired with dark jeans, I'm pretty much dressed as I always am, plain and ground like.

As I exit, I see Bellamy and the others waiting for me. I notice Bell's hands are crossed and his brows frowned as he impatiently awaits for my presence. Once he gets a good enough glimpse of my appearance he turns towards the gates and makes a serious expression as if the next thing that comes out of his mouth would be on the matter of life and death.

"You're late, we have to be there by dark. Anya and her people are waiting for us." He says as he pushes pass me and leads the way.

Octavia quickly comes to my side as she just witnessed the unexplained reaction of Bellamy's. As she walks near me, she sincerely wraps her tiny arm around my shoulder and asks me a question I have yet to find the answer to.

"Did something happened between you two? Why is he acting like that?" She asks but as I said, I had yet to find the answer and truthfully, I wanted to know so badly about what's going on in his head, what thoughts are flowing through it as he sees my face..?

"I don't know O,he's acting like that ever since I woke up, all I can think is if he maybe didn't want me to open my eyes." My voice cracks at the end at the though of Bellamy not wanting me, why? Why did his friendship mean so much to me? I never saw him as a friend, I could never explain what I felt when I was beside him but one thing I knew for sure, I felt protected,safe and maybe even loved.

/ An hour and a half later

OCTAVIA POV:

As we finally take a break after almost 2 hours of walking, I take this opportunity to go and talk to my brother and maybe put some sense into him as I certainly had some interesting questions I needed some answers to.

I approached him with an innocent grin and I can see that he already knows I'm up to something. As we sit down next to the tree a bit away from the group, I wonder around my mind, searching for the precise words but as I do, I notice that Bellamy's gaze falls over Clarke.

The gaze he's giving her is not nearly close to the disliked one I was more than 90 percent surely expecting. It is with love, yet so filled with guilt. It shares sadness with a hint of happiness as he's watching her smile while talking with Miller.

"Khm." I try breaking his gaze as it starts to get creepy, if anyone saw him, they would for sure make tease him about it and I'd be definitely the first in line.