Chapter 13: Plague

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Chapter 13:
Plague

CLARKE POV:

I woke up on one of the 'beds' we made from the seats of the dropship. I had a wet cloth placed on top of my forehead but I quickly dragged it away. I stood up at the horrifying sight. Blood was everywhere around the floor and the amount of people infected with the virus doubled. I noticed Octavia, Finn, Monty, Jasper and a couple more kids helping around as much as they could. I walked towards them but a tall someone stopped me within my tracks when he stood before me. The near distance between us measured roughly 2 inches. I brought my head up high and caught a gaze from no other than Bellamy Blake. I smiled at his sight but then took a hold of reality.

''You need to get away from me Bell.'' I said, my look lowering to the palms of his hands.

He took them and placed them on mine, ''Clarke, I'm not leaving until I know you're gonna be okay.''

''Bellamy-'' I moved his hands from mine and went two feet backwards.

''There's a 50% chance I'm going to die, I don't want you to remember me like this, a weak and an awful version of me.'' Tears filled my eyes as I shut them tightly.

"Plus, I do care about your safety too, I don't want you to get infected." I said.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight, not releasing me from his embrace. In one moment, my face was filled with shock and in the other a weak slip of a smile appeared and I
quickly moved my hands and wrapped them around his neck, gripping on to him tightly. I tear fell down my cheek but as soon as he released me from his embrace I wiped it with the sleeve of my jacket. I noticed there was no blood on it, which either meant that this was the last stage and in any moment I could lose consciousness and never wake up or the virus has left my body and I am simply now immune, but by the nauseous feelings I was getting I though it was more of a first thing.

I was ready to die. I was fine with it. The thing with dying is, you're not really scared of facing it yourself but you're scared of watching someone going through the suffering and then their life slowly vanishing in front of your eyes. The feeling of loosing him or her, your loved one or a family member, tears in to your skin like a knife and it cuts, leaving you in agony and despair, facing depression or distress without them.

If I was to die today, would anyone remember me tomorrow? Would someone cry over my lifeless body? Would a person bring a pile of roses and placed them on top of my grave and would someone think of me even after I am dead? Would anyone even care?

BELLAMY POV:

As soon as I released her from my embrace, I looked down at her. I scanned almost all parts of the body in front of me. I noticed her hair being clammy and dirty from the blood, her hands being rough and cold on a touch , her lips slowly losing their color and her body roughly holding itself up. I shut my eyes when the thought of her dying crossed my mind. I held off a couple of tears that stood in my eyes.

''Bellamy-'' She started.

''I need you to know-'' I cut her off as soon as she began.

''No, Clarke. I don't need to know anything!'' I growled. She looked at me with the teary eyes.

''I want you to know something in case-'' I couldn't stand to hear another word.