Chapter 34: Tend the broken wounds

"Do you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?"

Chapter 34:
Tend the broken wounds-

-and suffer the new ones.

CLARKE POV:

''Clarke, talk to me. You seem upset, what's wrong!?'' Octavia questioned me constantly.

''I'm fine, I just need to be alone for a moment.'' I told, chugging yet another cup of the burning liquid.

''You're clearly not fine! Let me help, I am here for you.'' She demanded.

''Octavia, that's sweet but I'm afraid that even you can't fix what is already broken.'' I told her somewhat coldly.

''That son of a bitch! What did my brother do now?!'' She was quick when getting the cause of the situation. She sounded in worry and yet in the same fury. No matter that- I wanted her gone, I wanted everybody gone.

''Please Octavia! I just need to be alone with my thoughts for the night!'' I snapped at her. I really didn't mean to, I regretted it instantly but alcohol seemed to have pulled strings on my hurtful words.

''Okay.'' She sounded oddly disappointed.

''-But if you need me, please. Please just come to me, I'll be there for you.'' Her warm eyes gave me comfort, I nodded at her and waved her goodbye.

The crowd grew more silent by each moment as delinquents rose to their tents and off to sleep. During the long hour, I was told that Bellamy tried to reach out but thankfully, with the over protectiveness of my friends, he wasn't able to. The night grew even darker and the fire eventually died out. The never ending silence was  now filled with the cricket's song, the same boring sound played on repeat for the hours and counting.

I've drank more cups than I could count, I'm pretty sure I was dead wasted but nothing seemed to matter as the only thing on my mind was him, the lying and the cheating bastard of a boyfriend. Is it some kind of a curse? I've seem to be attracted to the cheating type, first Finn and now Bellamy. God, what did I expect? I fell in love with a 'former' playboy, it was bound to happen sooner or later!

''Mind if I join you?'' An innocent voice spoke.

''Jasper? What brings you here in such a late hour?'' I joked.

''Honestly, Octavia. After she broke up with me, I just can't seem to wrap my head around anything lately, it's the main reason I got Monty to help me throw this party.'' He confessed and to my surprise, revealed an yet unknown fact.

''You and O broke up???'' I widened my eyes in shock.

''She didn't tell you?'' He replied calmly but you could see the hurt in his young eyes. My answer was my silence.

''I guess she didn't want you to worry. It happened a day ago..'' He exclaimed.

''I'm so sorry Jasper, I really had no idea.'' I told him sincerely.

''It's for the best I guess.'' He told and motioned his hand towards the moonshine cup. I handed him one and he chugged withing a second.

''Hey! At least she didn't tell you that you deserved better and then when you gave her the time to think about it and hoped that she'd come to her senses, she actually cheated on you.'' I laughed at my misery.

''What a subtle way to end things, huh?'' I grinned sarcastically.

''What are you talking about?'' He seemed confused.