Chapter 17: Alive

"If you are not a poet, be a poem itself."

Chapter 17:
Alive

BELLAMY POV:

Pain overwhelms me but what shocked me besides the fact that I am alive is that the blotchy looking Clarke from crying is standing before me with her arms wrapped around my whole body in a tight embrace. She is smiling, from ear to ear, the happiness shown in her stunning blue eyes cannot escape my gaze. She leans towards me and places her forehead on mine, her expression is still completely covered in satisfaction. She spoke,

''I knew you'd make it.'' She exclaims with the biggest and the brightest grin.

''I told you, I'm not going anywhere princess.'' I say,smirking. I feel happy, althiugh I am still in pain from the knife the grounder girl struck me with. Clarke tightened her hug and I placed my head in the cruck of her neck. I am so lucky to have her here beside me and I am so very lucky to be alive.

Clarke looks down at my wound and looks up to me in worry.
''Bellamy we have to get you back to the camp!'' She practically yells at me, okay - okay, we will.

I turn my head around while Clarke wraps some of the cloth around my abdomen, I see Scarlet - the grounder that was staying with us, watching Clarke and I with a smirk. I nod my head and give her a thankful look and she nods with satisfaction. I see Clarke struggling with her thoughts.

''What's wrong, Princess?'' I asked her, slipping away a warm smile.

''I almost lost you today-'' I widen my eyes in shock.

''I can't lose you like that again, if I lost you for real.. I'm not sure if I'd survive it.'' She says roughly. I see Scarlet smirking at us proudly but I shake it off and concentrate on Clarke's gaze. I have this odd feeling which makes the happiness fulfill my heart at the very second.
Does Clarke care about me?

I smirk when replying. ''Princess, if I didn't know better I'd say you care.'' I tease a little but at my surprise, she blushes and lowers her head. I bring my head up and gently bring my hand towards her cheek, my fingers trace across it while she slightly blushes.

''I'm sorry, Bell'' She mumbles quietly.

''For what?'' I ask in confusion.

''It's my fault you ended up almost dead! If I hadn't came into your tent and said all of those-'' I cut her off,

''You couldn't have known this would have happened Clarke, don't blame yourself for something that is not your fault.'' I say calmly, comfronting her. My hand is on her thigh, no where inappropriate though.

''I'm so glad you're okay Bell!'' She says and a small grin follows shortly after.

''I am too.'' I laugh but then due to the pain inflicted in my abdomen, she sees the struggle I have to keep a joyful expression and immediately she yells out for Scarlet. She sends Scarlet to get help from the camp, since they couldn't carry me alone.
I turn my head towards the cliff and a glimpse of orange,yellow,red and more colors caught my eye, a beautiful and astonishing sunrise. I motion my hand towards it and Clarke's jaw drops. For the whole time we've been on the ground, we have never witnessed anything so beautiful.

About 15 minutes later, Scarlet was running towards us with about 4 guys following her. I recognized them as Miller,Jasper,Monty and Kol. I lightly smiled when I saw them while Clarke traced her hand through my hair. She turned her head towards me and smiled, telling me everything will be okay now. I reached out and took her hand in mine, gently tracing my fingers across her soft skin.