Chapter 4: Sacrifice

"When a lion has his lioness, it's only an embarrassment for zebras to circle around him."

Chapter 4:
Sacrifice

CLARKE POV:

''HELP! '' I yelled, every little bit of strength I had left went into that scream. I hoped they would hear it and come to save me from this monster. Murphy turned towards me and brought his knife close to my throat, I could feel it slowly tearing through my skin, going deeper, but not cutting just yet. I had trouble breathing. Tears pored out of my eyes.

FINN POV:

I hated working with Bellamy. He was a selfish jackass, his main priority was himself and his sister. He wouldn't move a finger if I hadn't barged in on them and demanded to go find Clarke. No matter what happened between us, I did love her, I hadn't lied about that. And I still do love her, but she didn't believe me. I made my choice, when I find her, I'm going to tell her everything. From A to Z, she needs to know how I feel, and maybe there is still a chance for us.

''HELP! '' My thoughts were interrupted by a scream, a cry for help. I knew who it was, her voice was unforgettable, she was close.

BELLAMY POV:

I turned in shock when hearing her scream, it tear into my skin. I felt responsible. I scanned our surroundings and noticed a cave not too far from here, that must be a place where Murphy is holding Clarke captive. I signaled everyone and pointed to the cave, we needed to be quiet, it's now or never. Spacewalker came towards me, demanding to go in first, I couldn't let him. Yes, he was a pain in the ass but I was the leader, and a leader will never endanger his people. Besides, it was me Murphy wanted.

''Murphy!''- I yelled waiting for his response. Slowly approaching the cave and entering it. Air was thick and the smell of rotten flesh penetrated all of my senses. I frowned in disgust when a dead deer came into my sight while I was still walking towards the end of the cave. We were all were quiet.

''Bellamy. '' Murphy called out my name, his voice calm.  ''Come alone or the princess dies.'' I knew he had her but how could have I known she was still alive to begin with?

''How do I know you didn't already kill her? That I'm not walking in on a trap?''

''You don't, where's the fun in that?''

''Murphy you don't have to do this, we can all go home, everything can be as it was.'' Lies busted out of my mouth. Carefully and slowly I continued going towards his voice, watching my every step. My jaw dropped at the sighting of Clarke, hurting. She was still alive but Murphy held her tight, knife pressed against her throat. She tried being strong but she couldn't hide the fear in her eyes. She looked at me, still beautiful, untouched and pure. Her blonde hair lost it's shine, her skin was dirty and clothes muddy. But she still looked so delicate.

''Throw all of your weapons on the ground and kick them in my direction.'' Murphy demanded.

I did, first I gently pulled my gun I had from the Ark and put it on the ground, I kicked it towards him, he made a movement with his hand, as if he knew I had more. I pulled out a knife out of my boot, and another gun I had and placed them both on the ground.

''Guys - take care of him.'' Murphy exclaimed. Clarke and I exchanged worried looks.

''I told you your king will come to save you. I was right, he came, but he wasn't so successful in saving you princess, now did he?'' Clarke's look fell to the ground and she just stared blankly. She looked as if she had lost the hope she carried all of this time, and I couldn't let that happen. For some odd reason, I had an urge to protect her, as if it was my primary objective here. The only thing that mattered seemed to be her.

''Murphy let her go! I am here, you don't need Clarke, you wanted me. That's why you took her right?''

I hoped a simple exchange would work in this case,but they already had both of us. I didn't have anything to bargain with.

MURPHY POV:

''You know what Bellamy?'' he looked right through me when I called out his name, his gaze still on Clarke.

''What?'' He answered lifelessly

''Sometimes, you have to sacrifice the queen to get to the king.'' He shot me a both worried and furious look, I hit a nerve. Without a care in the world I started tearing her neck, a little slip of blood came , when all of the sudden she punched me right in the head. I did not expect that! I dropped the knife and fell on the ground, holding my head out of pain. I ordered the others to capture them both.

''Oh Princess, you couldn't help yourself but stick around? Fine,now you'll watch me kill the king.'' I smiled, Clarke will hate it, and Bellamy? he couldn't seem weak in front of her or anyone. So they will both suffer. It was time to finally have fun with royals.

____

Thank you all if you're reading this! It means you've stuck with me over 4 chapters !!! Thank you, it's amazing. As always feel free to request some scenes and feel free to leave feedback as what you thought while reading this chapter.
Also, tell me your predictions!!!! I love to read every single comment of yours, it keeps me motivated!!

xoxo , Lea