Lies : Chapter 12

Lexi's POV

We arrived at the police station and I opened the car door.

"Where is my mother?" I asked the officer.

"She can't get to California that fast." He said.

I blushed, embarrassed I even asked since I should have known that.

"So, where am I staying in the meantime?" I asked him.

"At the station." He said.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I walked into the door of the police station. As I walked in, I got some glares. Jazz was in my arms as someone came up to me.

"Hey, Isabella." Someone said.

At that name, I fainted.

Jenny's POV

Getting on the plane to Fresno, California, I thought of Lexi. Poor Lexi. I'm glad she tricked him into leaving otherwise I would probably never see her again.

"Ma'am, please buckle your seat belt."A flight attendant said interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry." I said smiling as I buckled it.

She walked down the aile as she checked others. I went back to my thoughts.

Mike's POV

They hauled me away to the jail and I thought of my plan of revenge... especially on Alexis. If it wasn't for HER, I would be with Jenny happy. I wouldn't be in jail... it is all that mistakes fault.

Lexi's POV

Awoken, I looked at the blank ceiling. I looked around the room and saw I was in some kind of office.

"Morning." Someone said as they walked in the door.

All I thought to myself was... who is that?

"Who are you?" I said finally able to find the courage.

"I'm Officer Dean." He said as he smiled at me.

"Where is my mother?" I asked.

"Actually, she is almost back from the airport. So you should be seeing her soon." He said.

"Okay, thank you." I said.

"Yep, no problem." He said giving me a sweet grin.

"Who called me Isabella?" I asked.

"Oh, that was a new cop... he saw the name on the news with you and tried to link it but as you can see he didn't link it right." He said giving a small chuckle.

I laughed back and got up from the chair.

"Oh." I said smiling at the thought.

"Yeah, do you need anything?" He asked me.

"Um, nope." I said.

"Okay, well your mother will be here soon." He said before he exited the door.

Now I sat in the silent room waiting to be reunited with my mother. I missed her so much.

After about half an hour, the door swung open revelling my tired mother.

"Mom!" I yell as I ran to hug her.

"Lexi, I missed you so much." She said.

"I missed you too." I said smiling and crying with her.

Even though my mother was in my arms, I didn't feel complete without... Frank. My father, my REAL father.

"Mom, why did you lie about my father?" I asked her.

"Lexi, where did you hear that?"She asked innocently... too innocently.

"You lied... Mike is not my father. Frank is!" I raised my voice at her.

"Lexi, no. Mike and Frank are not your fathers." She said.

"Well who the hell is then?!" I yelled at her.

"You don't have one." She said.

"Yes, I have a biological father. His name is Frank Varques!" I yelled at her.

"Lexi, he is lying." My mother said frowning as she went to put her hand on my shoulder.

I quickly moved before she could touch me.

"No, he isn't. I saw the damn birth certificate." I said irratated that she was lying.

"Lexi." She said as I left the room with Jazz in my hands.

"Bring me to the Fresno prision." I said to an officer.

"Sorry, please." I said.

"Sorry, not unless your mother allows it." He said frowning.

I frowned back at him and walked out of the station. Looking around, I decided to ask for directions.

"Ma'am?" I ask.

"Yes?" She says looking at me.

"Do you know where the Fresno prision is?" I asked her.

"Um yeah. It is down the road and take a left at that stoplight." She said pointing to a stoplight.

"Okay, thank you." I said as I started on the sidewalk.

"Lexi!" An officer yelled as he walked behind me.

I had to see Frank. I missed him. I wanted him as I parent. I want to be with Frank. Frank was there for me when no one else was.

I couldn't give up so I started running from the officer. Jazz's head bounced up and down as I ran.

"Alexis!" He yells as I run into traffic.

Finally getting out of the traffic, the officer couldn't get through. So I ran even faster to the prision. Then I saw the officer again.

After running, I finally lost the officer. Walking into the prision, I walked to the desk.

"Please bring me to my father's cell. Frank Varques." I said.

"Umm, where is your parent?" He asked.

"Just let me see my fucking father!" I yelled at the man enraged.

"Okay, down here." He said leading me to a cell.

"Frank." I said as I saw him sitting in the corner with his head in his hands.

"Lexi?" He asked as he looked up.

His face brightened up and I smiled.

"Are you mad at me?"I asked.

"Not anymore. You came back." He said.

"Yes, I'm on the run. I'm not going back to my mother. She will never let me see you again." I said to him.

"Lexi, I love you. But I have something I need to tell you." He said.

"I love you too... what is it?" I asked nervously.

"Your mother set the fire." He said as he grabbed my hand through the bars.

-------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.