Questions : Chapter 21

Isabella's POV

As I sat in the vehicle, I heard a siren in the distance. Waiting for the police, I thought of my life and how horrible it has been. At least I will see Frank... I thought he had died and I was the only surviver. I know my mother died but I didn't expect my father to be alive either.

"Isabella?!" A very comforting and familiar voice said knocking on the window.

I looked over and my heart raced... it was my father.

"Dad!?!?!?!" I yelled and quickly opened the door.

"Oh, Isabella I missed you. I love you so much." He said as he pulled me into a big bear hug.

"I missed you too and I love you too." I said into his shirt although he might not have heard it well.

Looking out of his shirt, the police were scrambling around.

"Ms. Varques, we need to ask you some questions." An officer said.

Frank looked at me and nodded. I wasn't quite sure I was ready to full out say everything but I have to so I can get Lexi back. Tomorrow the men will come looking for me though.

"So, what did the men do?" The detective asked.

"Well, I was kidnapped when I exited my old home. It was on fire and I thought my mother and father died. They took me into a van and brought me to a building filled with cells. The cells were full of girls. Later, the next day, they took me and gave me a tattoo of the number 18. They keep track of the girls by a number. So far, they have 24 unless they got a new one." I said and lifted my shirt and showed the tattoo.

My father looked furious so I grabbed his hand and held it. The holding felt right unlike the men at the building would do.

"Go on." The detective said as he wrote on a notepad.

"When they tattooed your number, they would sell you to this man. All of the new girls would go straight to him after their number. They sell you for a night of more and then get you back the next day. In that time, most of the men will rape you." I said as I felt tears coming on as the memories flooded my brain.

Frank gave me a small hug and the detective understood the emotions and waited for me to continue.

"And I was sold many times. But, one day they decided to move me to a different building. When they did however, they found a new girl. The girl is named Lexi Varques. She told me we were related and that we have the same father. It blew my mind but I accepted it. When I was sold, I ran away the next morning and ran the man over which kept him from catching me." I said as I saw Frank get even more mad.

"Is that when you called 911?" The detective asked me.

"Yes and when Lexi told me Frank was alive, I couldn't wait to see him." I said to the detective.

"Well, your father has to go to jail after this." The detective told me.

"What did he do?" I asked confused.

"He kidnapped Lexi." The detective told me.

"That's bullshit! Lexi loves him. They are father and daughter!" I yelled at him.

"He still kidnapped her." He said to me.

"No, I saved her." Frank interrupted.

"How?" The detective asked Frank.

"Her mother set the fire. Her mother was being beat by the father. After the father escaped, he found the mother. They are looking for Lexi. They want to kill her." Frank told the detective.

"How do you know this?" He asked.

"Well, I saw the father beating her mother. The mother and father were walking around town and in a forest. They were looking for Lexi. That's why they went to your police station and brought her stuff." Frank said to him.

It looked like the detective's mind was just blown.

"Wow, thank you sir." He said to Frank.

"Yeah, so can I go get a hotel and stay with Isabella?" Frank asked the man.

"We have to go get Lexi!" I interrupted.

"We will." Frank said to me.

I wondered if my father loved Lexi or I more. By the way he acts, I think he loves me more. Lexi deserves a better family.

"Well, I guess if Isabella is okay with it." The detective said.

"Yeah, sure." I said to the detective.

He nodded in response and closed his notepad. Frank grabbed my hand and smiled at me. Smiling back, his eyes looked tired. I hope he isn't as stressed as he looks.

"Do you love Lexi?" I asked Frank out of no where.

"Well, yeah. She is my daughter too." Frank said giving a small smile.

"Well, we need you to tell us the location of this building that has the girls there." The detective said.

"Okay, just one question." I said to the detective.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"Fresno, California." The detective said.

"Well, the place is farther because I escaped when I was sold. The building is in Nevada." I said to the detective.

"Then we will go to the building tomorrow." He said to me.

"TOMORROW?!?!?!" I yelled.

"Yes." The detective said confirming it.

"No, I need her away from there now!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry." He said before he walked away.

As he walked away, I was about to burst from being so enraged.

"Are you okay?" Frank asked.

"No, I'm going to get her." I said.

"I know. I'm going with you." My father said.

I gave him a weak smile and we walked to his car. Once we got in the car, we drove. I will save you Lexi. Hopefully she wasn't "trained" yet.

---------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.