Epilogue : Chapter 41

Lexi's POV

"Alexis Rael Black." My name was called as I got up from my seat.

Walking over to my principal, she handed me my diploma and shook my hand. Going back to my seat, Isabella sat nervously beside me.

"Isabella Devonne Black."

Isabella rose up from her seat, and was handed her diploma and shook the principal's hand. As she came back and sat down, I saw Ember in the crowd with Katie smiling.

As the principal finished handing out diplomas, we all rose and threw our hats.

---

"Congrats girls, Ember was ready to be back with you the whole time." Katie said laughing as Ember latched onto my leg.

"Thanks." I replied as I picked Ember up and hugged her tightly.

"So, what is your plans? Any parties?" Trina asked smiling at us.

"Uhm." Isabella thought looking over at me.

"Uhm, well we could just go home and eat cake." I replied chuckling at myself.

"Sounds great to me!" Isabella replied smiling at Ember and I.

As we all made our way to the car, Isabella's girlfriend came over.

"Hey, Carrie." I said to her.

Carrie waved at me and gave Isabella a hug.

After some talking with Trina, Katie, and Isabella, it was settled that Carrie would come over with us.

"Well, I'll see you there." Carrie called out to us.

Isabella waved to her and got in the car and helped me get Ember in her carseat.

Getting in, I sat next to Ember and we pulled out of the parking lot. Looking out the window, I saw balloons and other signs about graduation parties. It really didn't bug me that we aren't having an extravagant party and I'm sure it didn't bother Isabella either.

Arriving home, I helped Ember out of her seat and she grabbed my hand. As we walked to the door, I reflected on the last couple years of my life. I'm just so impressed with how my life went horrible yet I grew as a person from it. I have been feeling the best now than the rest of my life. I truly believe things get better.

"Mommy!" Ember said pulling on my hand.

I looked down and realized that we made it to the door. Opening the door, I let Ember in first. Hearing paws gallop across the hard wood floor, Jazz started licking Ember's face and then licked my hand greeting me.

"Hi Jazz!" I said and scratched behind her ear.

Getting into the house and looking through the window, I saw Carrie pull in. Isabella ran over to her and gave her a hug.

"JOSHHH!!!!" Ember yelled smiling brightly.

I was confused at first to hear Josh's name coming from Ember but then I looked in the direction she was pointing in and saw him.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" I asked him surprised.

"Just to congratulate you I guess? Can a boyfriend not show up after his girlfriend just graduated?" He asked me.

"Touche." I said and hugged him as Ember latched onto his leg.

"She is just too adorable probably because she looks exactly like you." Josh said to me looking down at Ember.

I smiled at him and rolled my eyes.

Carrie, Isabella, Katie, and Trina all entered the house as Jazz ran over to them. Jazz started barking and getting excited yet she calms down fast so it isn't too bothersome.

"Cake!!!" Ember squeals seeing it on the counter.

"You brought cake?" I asked Josh.

"Of course, who wouldn't?" He replies with a cheeky smile.

I roll my eyes and he kisses my forehead. Grabbing Ember's hand I lead her to the kitchen to get cake. Grabbing a knife from the drawer, I start to slice it and hand out the cake. Giving a piece to everyone, I grabbed one for myself.

"Thank you, mommy!" Ember says smiling before she starts eating.

I smile at her and sit her down on a chair, having her set her plate on the table so she doesn't make a mess on the floor.

Thinking to myself as everyone eats, I remember my high school years.

All the rude classmates calling me a whore.
But I had Josh, Isabella, Carrie, Mark, Katie, Trina, and my baby girl, Ember.

"Why are you smiling so much, Lexi?" Josh asked me smiling too.

"Just thinking..." I replied still smiling.

Looking over, Katie had grabbed Ember's plate and put it in the sink. Ember ran over to me and latched on to my leg.

"I love you, mommy!" She said looking up at me.

"I love you too." I replied looking into her beautiful eyes.

Life gets better... don't give up.

-----
Please vote, comment, and follow.