Secret : Chapter 26

Lexi's POV

Sitting in the room, I thought of the horrible news the doctor just gave me. The door creaked open and Frank walked in with Isabella following her.

"Hey, how are you?" Isabella asked me.

"Just underweight." I said giving a smile.

Isabella smiled back.

"Me too!" She answered excitedly.

Inside, I felt like crawling in a hole and just dying. Seriously, I'm 14 almost 15 and going to have a child...

"Okay girls, let's go home." Frank said.

I gave him a glare and he noticed but didn't do anything. Once we left the hospital and got into his truck, Isabella started talking to me.

"This is going to be amazing!" Isabella said excited.

"What is?" I asked.

"Our life. After everything we have been through, we are free. To do anything we want. Isn't that great!" Isabella says.

Thinking about what she had just said hit me like a bus, heck more like a train... I won't be free to do anything I want, I will have a child and that means a lot of responsibility.

"Lexi?" Isabella said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. It will be great!" I answered fake excited.

Isabella looked at me in confusion but I ignored her expression and looked out the window.

"I know I haven't known you a while but I can tell something is wrong." Isabella said grabbing my shoulder.

"No, I'm fine." I said still looking out the window.

Isabella backed down and I peeked to see what she was doing. She was also looking out the window.

After awhile, Frank stopped a stop light. I saw a group of birds and a bird close by but not with them. That one individual bird resembled me. Then a small little bird came beside it and they happily pecked at the ground. Is that supposed to resemble me and my baby?

"Green." Isabella muttered.

Frank snapped out of it and realized the light was green. As he went, I replayed the scene of the baby bird sopping in beside the mother bird.

"Lexi." Frank said as he drove down the road.

I ignored him because I was still mad at his actions.

"Okay, well since you won't answer me, I'll just tell you. Jazz is at home." Frank said anyways.

Hearing Jazz's name, perked me up. Isabella saw my reaction and giggled at it. Once I saw her smile, it made me feel a tug at the corner of my mouth. I gave in and smiled back. Isabella looked satisfied when she saw my smile...

"We're here!" Frank said as he stopped in his driveway.

Getting out of the truck, I stepped on the green grass. This house was the one he held me hostage in... memories of the kidnapping filled my mind. Pushing the memories out, I entered the house. I heard a bark and remembered Jazz.

"Jazz!" I called out.

Jazz ran at me and jumped at me. Picking her up, I kissed her head.

"Oh, is this Jazz?" Isabella asked from behind me.

Jazz started to growl at Isabella guarding me. I guess she doesn't like other people now because she saw Frank throw me in the trunk.

"Shhhhh... it's okay." I said petting her head.

She stopped growling and Isabella stepped up to her and started to pet her back. Jazz snapped her head back and saw Isabella.

Jazz's POV

As I sat on the couch, I heard the door open.

"Ruff ruff!!!" I barked at the awaiting hooman.

I stopped when I saw Lexi in the doorway. Shocked, I ran at her and jumped. She picked me up in her arms and put her lips on my head. I don't know why... if she hasn't noticed, kissing is licking someone...

"Oh, is this Jazz?" A random girl said entering.

Starting to growl, I didn't want anyone near Lexi. They will just hurt and take her from me again.

"Shhhhh... it's okay." Lexi said petting my head.

I stopped growling and put my head on Lexi's shoulder. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my back. Snapping my head back, I saw the random girl. Her eyes softened when they met mine. Instead of growling and snapping at her, I laid my head back on Lexi's shoulder. Since Lexi isn't scared or mad, I guess she is an okay person.

"Yeah, this is Jazz." Lexi said to the girl.

"She is so cute!" The girl said smiling.

Lexi smiled back at her and that was the point I knew she was a good person. As I laid my head on her shoulder, Frank entered the house. Remembering him throwing Lexi in the truck filled my mind.

"Grrrrrrrrr...." I growled at him and showed my teeth.

"It's okay, Jazzy." Frank said putting his hand on Lexi's other shoulder.

Quickly, I bit his hand and he removed it from Lexi's shoulder.

"Fuck!" Frank yelled.

Lexi looked a little scared and ran out of the house. I saw the girl following Lexi and I out the door.

"Lexi, wait!" The girl yelled.

Lexi kept running with me still in her arms. I snuggled in close to her neck and watched to make sure Frank wouldn't come back. Lexi stopped at a tree and sat down beside it. Moving in her grasp, I looked to see the girl running to Lexi.

"Lexi, come back." The girl said to Lexi.

"Sit down." Lexi replied.

The girl sat down and looked at Lexi concerned.

"What's wrong?" The girl asked.

"Isabella, I lied about the tests." Lexi answered.

So that's the girl's name...A tear fell from her eye and I quickly licked it off.

"What do you mean?" Isabella asked.

"I'm pregnant." Lexi said.

What?!?!?!?!? Why is she pregnant?

"Lexi..." Isabella said as she pulled Lexi in a hug.

"I'm sorry for lying but I didn't want Frank knowing." Lexi said.

"It's okay. Just we need to go back." Isabella said.

Lexi nodded and got up. I walked in front of them both.

"Okay." Lexi said as they walked back.

-------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.