Phone : Chapter 6

Lexi's POV

As I was counting my ducks, I was interrupted by Frank.

"Isabella!!!" Frank yelled for me.

I looked at the door and made sure it was locked. Yep.

"Isabella!" Frank yelled again.

Ignoring him again, I tried to focus on counting my ducks.

"Isabella! Get your butt down here!!!" Frank yelled.

Sitting in the bed, I hoped he couldn't break the lock. If he does, I have a plan...

"Isabella Rosalina Varques!!!!" Frank yelled.

I could tell he was getting angry but I didn't care.

"Isabella!" Frank yelled again.

"Shut up!" I yell mumbled.

He didn't hear my reply and I sat there in silence until I heard footsteps come closer and closer... I have to start my plan if he breaks the lock.

The footsteps came closer and I started to put my plan into action. Purposely, I started crying... if Frank saw me crying he would not punish me.

"Isabella, open the door." Frank said in a calm tone.

Ignoring him, I kept crying purposely to get my eyes red and puffy.

"Isabella, open the damn door!!!" Frank yelled.

Still ignoring him, I felt my eyes start stinging and knew my plan would work. I heard some bangs on the door. Not wanting the lock broke, I went over to the door. Opening the door, Frank pulled me out by my shirt.

"Why the hell- Wait, were you crying?" Frank yelled then calmly asked.

I didn't say anything but made a tear fall down my cheek. Please take the bait!!!

"Honey, sit down." Frank said.

Frank led me over to the bed and sat me down.

"What's wrong, Isabella?" Frank asked.

I shook my head trying to make him feel guilty.

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong and I can fix it." Frank said.

"I miss my mother." I said crying more but this time I was crying for real. I really do miss my mom.

"Isabella, I know. She died in the fire. I can't get her back." Frank said.

"You know what freaking mom I'm talking about!" I yelled at him furious with him.

"Okay, I do. You need to leave Alexis behind. You are Isabella now." Frank said.

"No, I'm freaking not!" I yell pulling myself into a ball.

"I get it, you need time to adjust to your new life." Frank said.

"New life!?!?!?!?!" I questioned and yelled at the same time.

"Yes." Frank said.

At that moment, I realized I would have to escape myself. No one would know I was here if Frank did rename me, Isabella Rosalina Varques. I have to escape myself.

"I'll leave you alone." Frank said as he walked out the door.

After he left, I ran over and locked the door. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to be gone. Laying on my bed, I cried for real this time hoping my mother was okay.

Jenny's POV

I woke up next to Mike and quickly scooted over to the other side of the bed but I scooted too far and fell.

"Jenny?" Mike yelled looking at me.

I knew he would punish me for that.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked concerned.

It surprised me that he is being caring but I'm not complaining about it.

"Yeah." I say getting up.

"Okay, go make breakfast then." He said.

Yep, that's Mike for you.

"Fine." I said.

Walking down the stairs, I got a new plan. If he doesn't let me go, then, I'll kill him. Going back up the stairs, I went to ask Mike a question.

"Mike?" I said.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can you just let me go?" I asked him.

"No! I love you. You're not leaving." Mike said.

"Okay, just wondering when we were going to leave Hawaii and go to Louisiana again." I said trying to blow it off so he doesn't get suspicious.

"We are going to stay here for a while." Mike says which makes me mad but I can't show it.

"Okay." I say like I don't care.

Going down the stairs, I was going to start my plan. When I arrive in the kitchen, I looked for the medicine drawer. Once I found it, I pulled out some Visine eye drops. Since I'm a part time nurse, I know that Visine eye drops can make a person sick.

I opened the fridge and got out some milk. Before he came down, I quickly put some drops in the milk glass and stirred it in. Then I started on an omelet.

"Is it done yet?" Mike asked stretching his arms.

"No, but I got you a glass of milk." I told him knowing he likes milk.

"Oh, thanks." He said as he grabbed it.

He started to chug it and I smiled knowing what would happen soon.

"Here is your omelet sweetie." I said.

"Oh, thanks." He said.

I handed him the plate and he started to eat. Then he had a look of discomfort.

"Are you okay, honey?" I ask him thinking the drops have started to kick in.

"Yeah, yeah." He said although his face showed otherwise.

After a couple more of bites, he got up and ran to the bathroom. Finally. I heard him groaning probably in pain. Knowing this was my chance, I looked for a phone.

"Mike?" I said to him on the other side of the bathroom door.

"Yes?" Mike asked in pain.

"Do you need me to call anyone to bring you medicine?" I asked him.

"Well, you are a nurse. Tell me what's wrong with me." He said.

"Well since nothing would have caused this, it is probably something with the stomach... maybe a peptic ulcer." I say trying to make him believe it.

"What is that?" He asks.

"A stomach ulcer." I say hoping he would believe it.

"Dammit! Call my mother so she can get me medicine or something." He said.

"Where is the phone?" I asked concernedly.

"Under the bed in a shoebox." He says.

"Okay." I say.

I walk up the stairs and am glad he took the bait...

----------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.