Escape : Chapter 13

Lexi's POV

"M-my mother set the fire?" I asked him.

"Yes."He simply said.

"Why?" I asked dunbfounded.

"Because she didn't want to see me happy. That's also why she never let me see you." He said.

"Dad, I'm sorry... but I have to go. I don't want to be caught by them. Where is a good place to hide?" I asked him.

"I don't know but Lexi, stay safe. I love you." He said.

"I love you too. Bye!" I said as I ran out of the prision.

Looking around I saw an officer start towards he door. What am I supposed to do now? Quickly, I made a dash behind the building and I'm sure he saw me. I had to find somewhere to hide.

"Alexis!" The officer yelled for me.

I didn't answer but just kept running. Finally, after running far, I saw a forest and sprinted in. Looking back, the officer was in the forest but didn't see me. It was only him for now... I should be okay.

"Alexis, come out!" He yelled for me.

"Alexis, your mother wants to talk to you." He yelled.

I don't care what my mother wants to say. She set the fire and she is the crazy one, not letting me see my own father!

"Alexis, either you come out now... or I will have a search party." He yelled.

I don't care what he does as long as he NEVER finds me. Finally, I heard him mumble to himself. Then he left. I have to act fast. Running through the forest, I needed money, food, and shelter... what am I supposed to do???

"Shit." I mumbled to myself.

I had to stay in Fresno so I can stay around Frank but I can never go back to my psychopath mother. What if I found the man that helped me with his dog... he might help me. Well, he is my only hope.
Starting to walk farther into the forest, I knew this would be "home" tonight.

"Come on, Jazz." I said as I looked around.

I was surrounded by towering trees. It was starting to get dark so I looked for a tree to sleep beside.

After I found a tree, I laid some grass, leaves, twigs, etc to make a DIY bed. (Hey beauty gurus... try making this DIY!)

"How do you like it Jazz?" I asked her.

Of course she didn't answer, what do you think.... I'm crazy?

Laying on the makeshift bed, I cuddled with Jazz to stay warm even though it is California. Then thoughts raced my mind.

Can I really run away?

Can I make it out here?

Will the man help me or rat me out?.

Am I going to die out here?

I wish I was with Frank.

Why did I have to get him in trouble?

We were a perfect family, Frank, Jazz, and I.

My mother and step father ruined it.

Will I ever see Frank again?

As the thoughts raced my mind, I fell asleep.

Mike's POV

While in the grimy prision cell, I knew my plan of revenge. I just have to escape.

Falling asleep, I imagined being free from this prision.

Waking up, I saw an officer walk into view.

"Come on, Scott." He said using my last name.

Groaning, I got up. The officer opened my cell and grabbed my arm. As he led me down the hall, I thought of Alexis's lifeless body as she lays on the cold concrete.

"Sir, watch your step." He said as he led me down the stairs.

I went down the steps carefully and he led me outside. Feeling the breeze hit my face, I saw my inmate friends.

"Hey." I said walking up to them.

"Hey, Mike." One said nodding his head.

"I'm going to attempt to escape... are you gonna help?" I asked them.

"As long as we get out too." Another said.

"Of course." I said.

They all nodded their heads in agreement.

"What's the plan?" One asked.

"We have to get the those inmates to fight. The officers will step in and we will climb out." I said.

"Simple enough." He said standing up.

Going over to one inmate, I started my plan.

"Dude, did you hear what he is saying about you?" I said to the inmate.

"No,what?" He asked.

"He said you are so weak he is surprised you could get into prision for murder." I said knowing it would send him off the edge.

"WHAT THE HELL!?!?" He yelled and I saw him storm off towards the man I threw under the bus.

Quickly, I rushed back to my inmate friends and we waited for the cops to intervene. Finally they rushed and went to break then up. All of us started climbing the fence and all of a sudden I saw many others copying our plan.

"Hey!" On cop yelled as I was at the top.

Quickly, I climbed down a bit and jumped. My friends started to follow me.

"Split up!" I yelled to them.

We all split up in the small town. While running, I saw they followed my other friends more, probably since they murdered people...

Finally, I reached my home. Quickly, I grabbed the car keys from in the house and drove out of the city and started out of the state.

Driving down the road, I knew where Alexis is... so I started my way to Fresno, California. I'm coming Alexis and you better be ready.

------------
Please vote, comment, and follow.