35| Kingdom Love

(35| Kingdom Love)

---

Growing up in a castle surrounded by maids, butlers, wealth and royalty... it's easy to say that your life wasn't as normal as others. You were a royal princess, the only heir to the throne. And that meant that over the years, pressure had built up upon you to deliver everything perfectly at every moment.

So it only seemed natural when you snapped and rebelled away from the kingdom. Like tonight for instance, tonight was definitely a good example.

Your family had decided to host an annual year ball like they do every year. It was all for a show though. You knew your parents did it to keep peace with other kingdoms and have whispers of how great your family was all throughout the vast lands.

So again, you had your personal maids bathe, dry, dress and perfect you for tonight. It was a bit of a chore to become a standout from everybody else that would be here tonight, but you knew this was a normal occurrence. Though that didn't mean it was any less formal or pressuring as before.

There was talk from your parents days before the ball that an arranged marriage had been made for you. This didn't scare you... it absolutely terrified you! How were you supposed to commit to your new husband when you: hadn't met him, let alone seen him, or settle down when all you wanted was to run a muck?

It all had become too much for you, and the night was still as young as ever.

"Miss (Your Name), you are required downstairs at the ball." Your maid's instruction came through one ear and out the other as you nodded half heartedly. An exciting plan had popped into your head while you were having your makeup applied.

You were to sneak out, cross the forest just behind the castle and escape to the lake. Just until the ball had been officially proclaimed over.

"Of course." You replied, stepping out of your room up and up the hall. But to your dismay, two young maids followed your every step, making sure to accompany you to the night ahead.

Well that wasn't going to work if you were to slip away for the night. You needed an excuse and fast. So stopping in your tracks, the maids copied your actions before you turned to them.

"It is all fair and well. I shall not need be escorted to the ball." The maids glanced at each other before looking back upon you.

"But we have orders from his Majesty to escort you to the ball." You lightly chuckled, shaking your head and stepping away.

"I am quite capable to take myself to the ball. Being the heir to the throne and living in this wonderful palace, I know where I need be." With wary looks, the maids complied to your wishes and left you on your way. Perfect.

Picking up your dress and running down halls and stairs, you slipped out the back of the castle and through the palace gardens towards the woods. But little did you know, that you were being followed.

Running carefully through the thick lush of the night, you came to your destination, the beautiful lake, illuminated by the Moon's casting shadow. There you sat by a close bush, letting yourself lean down to touch the night's chilled water.

But it wasn't long before a snap was heard nearby, causing your actions to freeze. Coming to your feet and looking around on alert, you saw a dark figure near a closeby tree, creating your heartbeat to pound out of your chest.

So without a second thought, you ran as fast as you could in the opposite direction, the forest not doing much to help as twigs, branches and webs slowed you down.