10| Jar of Hearts

(10| Jar of Hearts)

---

"And it took so long just to feel alright

Remember how to put back the light in my eyes

I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed

'Cause you broke all your promises

And now you're back

You don't get to get me back"

---

You had changed from the person you were. The person that used to always enjoy festivals, laughs and time out with close friends. But that all seems like a distant memory to you now. And three reasons were to blame.

Heart break.

Betrayal.

And Niall Horan.

You were warned by many that Niall was not as sincere about your heart as you were his. But being a young girl in love, you didn't listen. So it is only safe to say that you deserved everything you were feeling right now. But then again, you didn't.

Niall had screwed up your mind up real bad.

Sitting in a comfortable booth at Starbucks, you kept your eyes on your phone as your friend across from you sipped at her milky beverage. She had convinced you to come out with her today to get some coffee and fresh air.

But your salty attitude had been worn all day, and unfortunately, she was the one now coping it. Did she deserve it? No. But she did know what she was getting herself into so it was on her really.

"-I'm going out with Dylan on Friday night for dinner. You should come."

"No, don't want to." You answered flatly as your friend sighed. She had gotten this treatment for a little while now, and although she was your friend, she was getting tired of your shitty outtake.

"Well I don't care if you don't want to. You're coming whether you bloody like it or not." She snapped, making your gaze lift up to hers. Her eyes were narrowed in annoyance as you huffed quietly. People had been sympathetic to you since the breakup, so you weren't expecting this.

Maybe it's good that somebody pulled you up.

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes, your friend now smiling to herself because she had pulled you out to actually do something.

"Good!" She said happily, sipping her drink.

---

"Where are we going?"

It had been a few days since your friend forced you out to do something, and you were salty as ever. If not more aggressive.

Your friend and her boyfriend sat in the front of the car, holding hands between themselves. Glancing at their affection, you growled quietly to yourself.

He was going to hurt her. Break her heart. All boys do because all boys are the same. Immature and insincere.

"Just a little diner near the mall. Not to shabby but not too expensive either." Your friend responded.

Good. Because you didn't dress up for the occasion. Unless skinny jeans and long sleeved shirts were now the new etiquette.

The car then fell into a short silence before the two began talking quietly amongst themselves. And luckily, you had arrived quickly so you had less time to be suffocated by the pair.