My Superhero

(A/N: This chapter is really boring and I'm sorry but it has background knowledge that is kind of important. I was thinking about deleting this chapter but I need to keep it so its not confusing. Happy reading! 😊)

Jungkook's POV

Today will be a good day. Today will be a good day. I look at all the familiar streets and houses as i walk to school. I will make new friends today. All of my mom's wishful thinking has gotten to me. I find myself thinking like her now. Eventually I will end up talking out loud like her.

I hate how everyone's schedule changes in the middle of the year. It's not good for anyone. Especially me cause my best friend moved away last week. I miss him.

As i enter school, I start out classes as normal as i can and of course i don't know anyone. I make it through 3 periods, walk to 4th and look around. There are some people around me i could talk to but they all have friends. The only ones not talking were this silent blond kid and me. I think his name is Yoonmi? Or something like that. But he looks a little intense so i will wait to talk to him.

Then the lunch bell rings and i just give up on humanity and eat in the bathroom stall. I dont know people who have 5th lunch and i dont feel like talking to anyone right now. Lunch seems to last forever but the bell rings again. I try to make it to my next class but people keep on pushing in the hallways. I dont have the balls to push back so i just put my head down and go slower. What even is my next class?

Oh right. Gym Class.

I finally find out where im going and the halls are empty. Classes are starting as I make my way downstairs and i hurry. It was the begining of 6th period and i was already late. Ugh. Great way to start out Jungkook. I pick a random gym locker to put my lock on and quickly start changing in the empty locker room. By the time I was done changing and burst into the gym, the teacher already finished role call. He looked at me in annoyance.

"And you are?"

"Jeon Jungkook sir."

He looks down at his clipboard. "You can sit in front of... Jung Hoseok. Don't be late again."

"Yes sir."

I make my way as everyone in the class looks at me. Is there something wrong with me? I just had lunch. Maybe I had a stain on my shirt? No. Hmm. I sat down in front my classmate and wondered if i should talk with him. I should right? He and i will be sitting next to each other for the rest of the year.

"He-"

"Alright class, simmer down. It seems that only Park Jimin is absent today so let's not waste any more time. Today we will start off with Pickelball. Pick your partners, a racket and a wiffleball (A/N: i know very little about pickelball, i just played some in gym). Get started."

I looked around and it seemed that everyone had a friend already. Great. The only ones left were the guy who sits behind me and some guy named Seokjin? I don't know. They seemed to know each other more than they know me so i went to the teacher.

"Excuse me sir? I dont seem to have a partner..."

"Thats ok, you can just be in a group of 3 today and tomorrow when... Jimin comes, you can be his partner." He says while looking at the attendence.