Mourning Sickness

(A/N: I'm sorry I'm such shit at titles. 😂 Also, I couldn't find a nice picture of Jimin crying so I found this sorta? Depressing one. Just imagine him going through life wishing he could turn back time. To the good old days. Sorry I'll stop. Happy Reading! 😊)

No one's POV

The first month hit Jimin the hardest. He stayed in his room, all hours of the day, only leaving to make some food for himself. And even then, it was the type of cheap food one could find at a 7-11. The ones that take no time at all to make.

His parents grew worried and constantly asked him what happened. All they knew was that Jungkook left in a hurry, Jimin left and came back a few hours later, a sobbing speechless mess, and now he won't leave his room. They figured that Jungkook probably broke up with him because of some stupidity and that they would get back together soon. That was the only reason why they didn't intervene.

Yoongi comes over frequently which doesn't raise any concerns for the Park family but it did raise their friend's suspicions.

Jimin's POV

I blink as the afternoon light hits me through the blinds. I guess I should wake up now. I shift under the blankets, stretching in the clothes I've been wearing for days now. I'm hungry. I get up and head downstairs to the kitchen and put some noodles in the microwave. On the handle of the thing was a small note.

Stop eating that crap. Go out and use the money I gave you yesterday.

Love, Mom

Thanks Mom. I roll my eyes and still eat the noodles I prepared. The house is silent, seeing as how my parents are at work and I'm not going to school. Another effortless day where I do nothing but cry because of Jungkook.

Jungkook.

The tears well up for the millionth time, following Jungkook's death. He's gone Jimin. And he's gone because of you. I succumb to the threatening tears as I finish my "food". This is useless. I throw away my "meal" and look for my phone.

74 missed calls, 50 messages

It doesn't matter. I don't need to speak to any of them anyways. I will go through this grief alone. Just like how Jungkook spent his last several minutes.

To be honest, the thought crossed my mind to join him. To end this pain. But that would mean everyone else would grieve because of Jungkook and me. I won't let that happen. I'll stay alive, suffering until I die of old age because it's my punishment for not being there for him. I was too late.

I didn't bother to ask when the funeral would be. No one extended an invitation so I assumed they blamed me. Everyone hates me. What would I do at a funeral where I was the one responsible for their death? They would curse at me, threaten me, and worst of all, it wouldn't even be close to the amount of pain I'm putting myself through.

Besides, I want to remember Jungkook as a loving, vibrant person. Not a cold, frozen corpse. I don't think I could take it, seeing the marks of self-harm riddled across his body.

I go upstairs and change, not bothering to lock or even close the door since I'm the only one in the house. I take off my shirt and pants, leaving me only in boxers.