Nothing Can Keep Us Together

Namjoon's POV

"Namjoon... Tell me!"

My throat runs dry and the breath is taken out of my lungs. "I don't know what he means by that..."

"Bullshit!" What do I say? "Namjoon... Did you ... cheat on me?" What?

"No! Baby of course not! I would never..." I come closer to hug him but he backs away.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"I just... Borrowed some money from him and he might get mad..." That's kind of close?

"Namjoon you better stop fucking lying or I'm leaving this house right now." I sigh in defeat.

"The truth is..." I look at my boyfriend's eyes knowing that this is the last time he'll see me the way he does. Everyone always looks at me as if I'm dangerous or intimidating but not him.

Never him.

"The truth is... I was the one who robbed Jungkook." I look at his face for a reaction, any reaction. But the only thing on his face is shock. He tries to find composure but fails to make it less obvious. I want to approach him again but I'm scared what he'll do. I take a step forward and he takes one backwards. That little hesitation brought tears to my eyes.

My fear grows as his reaction changes from shock to anger to fear. I take another step forward to try and dissipate his fears at least a little but he takes another step back, hitting the wall. "Jin..." My hand reaches out to him and he winces. "Jin please..." My cries become desperate and he ends his silence.

"Don't come closer Namjoon." The exact words I was afraid to come out of his mouth. My tears are threatening to fall.

"Jin please hear me out-"

"No! Fuck you!" Now I'm the one who's shocked.

"Baby I-"

"Don't!" My tears finally fall down. "You fucking lied to me you asshole!" My heart is breaking. "You lied this entire time and you almost killed one of my best friends for what? Money? Is that what's important? Is that what got you this big house and big cars?"

"No! I mean yes... But-"

"What the fuck? You actually rob people to get rich? To live nice?"

"That's not really how it works-"

"Shut the fuck up!" My head tilts to the ground, watching my tears hit the floor.
"I don't give a damn how it works! Why do you do this? You almost killed my friend!"

"No! I would have never nor have I ever really hurt anyone!" He almost laughs in my face.

"Then what's your limit Namjoon? When do you stop thinking about your luxury cars and start thinking about the lives you damage?"

The pain is almost too much to bear. "Jin please... I just want to explain..."

"Well tough shit jackass. I don't need to hear anything else." He tries to walk past me but I stop him by grabbing his wrist. A motion that used to be romantic stained by the omitted truth and harsh words. He looks back and I recognize the look almost immediately, fear. A look I've seen on many targets or kids in the hallways of the school caused by exaggerated rumors. The look that I so desperately wanted to see on anyone but him. The look that destroyed me within the millisecond that it flashed across Jin's face.