Chapter Fourteen

Edited

"Wait," I interrupt, stopping myself from applying my lipstick. "hold up. Your mother was sealed in the coffin?"

I turn around in my seat to look at Elijah in surprise.

"Yes," Elijah repeats, "Your witch friend and her mother opened it."

"But...isn't your mother supposed to be..dead? I thought Klaus literally ripped her heart out."

"She did a preservation spell, I believe." He replies, not too sure as well. "She wants to live in peace with us as a family, including Niklaus."

"No offense," I start off, "but your family's kinda known for vengeance. I thought she was supposed to be the weapon to help them kill Klaus."

"Apparently not. She wants us to be a happy family again."

"Your family's a lot more messed up than my family's entire situation," I comment before I begin applying my lipstick.

"Well, our family has been alive longer than yours." He shrugs. I roll my eyes. "I promise, we aren't going harm you or your family.

"You don't need to promise," I reassure before capping the lipstick. I look back at him with a smile. "I already trust you."

"You do?" he questions, raising a brow.

"With my life."

"Well, in that case, you can't blame me for Rebekah going after your sister last night."

I let out an annoyed groan. "Seriously? She could've at least tried catching up with me first." I roll my eyes at the look Elijah's giving me. "And, I guess, not kill my sister."

"You're so kind."

I roll my eyes. "Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Already want me gone, Gabby?" He teases. I roll my eyes and playfully shove him only to have no affect on him. "Yes. I actually do have one last thing."

He gestures to the large box with a white ribbon tied around it. "You got me a gift?" I question, gently picking it up off the bed.

"Actually," he corrects, "It's from Niklaus."

I nearly drop it in disgust. "You're kidding," I groan out.

"No, I'm not," he admits. "He asked me to drop it off." I raise a brow. "I know you're not the biggest fan of my brother, no one is these days, but I think you'll like what he got you."

    "I don't care," I sigh.

    "Such a way with words," Elijah sighs with false admiration, "This also came with it," he continues, handing me an envelope. He adjusts his suit before saying, "Unfortunately, I'll have to miss your reaction. I must get going."

    I scoff. "You've been alive for two days: where could you possibly be going?"

    "Family matters." He sighs before nodding his head at me. "I'll see you later, Gabby."

    He leaves my room, making me sigh as I stare at the box. There's no harm in opening, right? As long as I don't like it.

    I look down at the bright white envelope in my hands, my name written in a beautiful cursive. Wait, that's calligraphy.