Chapter 30

(Edit)

I got to the office, as people stared at me confused. I looked down my body to see my tie was undone. I quickly closed the door behind me, and did my tie there.

If only I was talking to Jess I could have figured out what she was thinking.

Jess walked into my office. He leaned against the doorway and stared at my bookshelf.

"So I'm guess what I said went to heart." He asked me.

"I thought you weren't going to talk to me."

"Well then who else am I going to talk to. No one can stand this beautiful mind, and I wanted to say sorry. I was wrong not tell you. I mean it just happened."

"I accept your apologize, but everything else no."

"That's fair."

He sits across from me, as I just stare at him. "Can I help you?"

"No. unless you want to tell me what's bothering you."

"Nothing is."

"Come on man. You're sitting here looking like you're contemplating life."

I rolled my eyes at him. He had no idea what I was thinking. Because what I was thinking would make the reasonable sense, but that wasn't me. I wasn't the reasonable person. I was that person that made things up to avoid the real problem, and I still do.

I stood up, and looked out my window. The view was perfect. The sky a clear blue, and the city below looked colourfully filled with shapes. I turned to him and smiled. But it was a clear fake. He knew it from the moment I turned.

My lip shrived as I forced the smile at him.

"What are you going to do?" he asked me. This time he gets from his seat and stands behind my desk.

"I have to tell her the truth." He ran over to my side, placing a hand on my chest, and the other on my desk.

"That's not a good idea."

"And why would that be."

"First of all, we don't know if she hates you or still loves you. I mean a lot of thing changed in the last 8 years you saw her. She looks different too. She's more wild and crazy than before. More open."

"What are you saying?" I scrunch my brow at him.  He walks towards the bookshelf and stops there. He turns his body to me and said, "I'll talk to her. I'll casually bring up your name and see what she thinks of you. And if it positive then you can tell her, but if it's not..."

"Try to win her heart?" I asked hopefully raising my voice.

Jess shook his head. "Then it's over. You forget about her and let her live with that guy, and act like none of this happen."

"But you said it yourself. She's basically dating me."

"But he's not you. Jeremy you got to consider how she would feel about all of this. If you just flat on tell her and she feels the same, what about that guy. He's going to feel like shit because she left him for you, and trust me. I know how what feels like."

"What are you bring this up again?"

"This is serious. She left me because of an image of you that she hadn't seen in like forever, and that's hurts. Let her figure it out. Prove to her that you're the better man, and when you think you have, tell me. So then I'll ask the question and see what she feels like. If she sees that you change then there's a higher chance of you guys working out."

I looked at Jess. This is breaking his heart, but he would still help me.

I walked over to him, and asked him face to face "Are you sure you want to go through with this." He nods his head yes. "Okay."

He walked off towards the door and opened it. Behind the door was Emily. She stood in a knocking position, with a confused look on her face.

"Who are we telling?" she asked.

Great, she was listening. I walked over as Jess closed the door behind her.

"Jeremy who was that girl, and I want the truth." She folder her arms against her chest, and waited for an answer, tapping her toe.

She could wait all day, I wasn't going to tell her anything. I walked back to my seat, but she still stood there. She was really that determined to know the truth.

"Jeremy, I'm waiting."

"You can wait longer."

"Jeremy what going on between you and me." I looked her up and down before laughing. I looked up to her face, and saw her eyebrows crease. She didn't like that.

"Look Emily why have you made it your life mission to stalk me?"

She walked over to me, and sat on top of my desk. She moved slowly towards my tie, and wrapped her arm around my neck. " Now babe, were supposed to be getting married soon."

I eyed her, moving her away. "Just because our parents arranged something, doesn't mean that it's going to happen." I whispered to her.

The comfortable smile that she had, had instantly disappeared.

"Jeremy?" She wined.

"Emily?" she walked over to the door, and looked at me.

"You know, Jeremy, you're going to have to learn to accept it." And she closed the door.

I yelled after her sarcastically, "And I love you too!"

*************
Do you guys agree with their parents arrangement?

Should Jeremy tell her anyway, or listen to Jess?
Comment, like, share.