28. Keep Your Friends Close

Only five days to update this time... it would have been four, but my internet wasn't letting me post it yesterday... -_-

Eventually, both Louis and I had showered and got dressed, heading down the hallway to get some breakfast. I took a glance in the open door to the lounge, only to see a couple making out on the couch. I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn’t seeing things, but when I took the sight in, I noticed it was Niall, obviously having invited Jordan over. The Irishman had his hands in Jordan’s light brown hair, oblivious to everything going on outside their little bubble.

I coughed, rather loudly, and they immediately pulled away from each other, turning to face me. Niall had a scowl on his face, while Jordan looked slightly nervous, of what I didn’t know – I wouldn’t be angry at him just for kissing his boyfriend.

“What?” Niall snapped at me. Wow, he obviously didn’t like being interrupted.

“Comfy, are you?” I asked, noting how he was cuddled up on top of Jordan’s lap.

“Yes I am actually,” he stated with no shame. “And you’re one to talk - I saw you with Louis this morning,” Niall sent a smirk to me.

I blushed, but a small smile still crept onto my face.

“Ooh, is everything good with you and Louis then?” Jordan asked, Niall obviously hadn’t told him everything.

“Yeah,” I replied, “We-” I began, but was cut off by Niall.

“Ok, that’s good, now fuck off,” I was about to complain, but he had already slammed his lips to Jordan’s as if they had never been interrupted. God that boy was impatient.

“But-”

“Come on Haz, leave them alone, I thought you wanted breakfast?” This time it was Louis cutting me off. I sighed, closing the door to give them a little privacy, before joining Louis in the kitchen.

He stood there, just staring at me for a few moments, before smiling and opening his arms. I fell into them immediately, feeling relaxed in his hold.

He pulled back, holding onto my shoulders and looking at me with a smile on his face. “You know if you interrupt them, they’ll only get you back sometime,” he said.

“Yeah, whatever,” I grumbled.

Louis leaned forward, kissing my pouted lips, then stepped away from me. He watched me for a moment, before breaking into a big, giddy grin.

“What?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked across at him.

“I just…” he pause, still smiling. “Part of me still can’t believe that you’re still here, with me. That you’re not going to run off after I kiss you. I just find it amazing how, even though you don’t know me all that well, you’re still willing to give us a shot and aren’t scared to be with me.”

Smiling like an idiot myself, I engulfed him in a hug, resting my head on his shoulder while he rubbed my back with his hand.

“In my mind, I might not know you all that well, but I remember parts from before and the one thing I do know is that I loved you. So why would that change now? I’m willing to give us a shot because, if I was getting married to you before, I must have liked something about you!” I smirked and he chuckled.

When it went silent with us both thinking, I spoke up again. “Can I ask you a question?” I asked.

Louis raised his eyebrows, and then I saw that look of thoughtfulness on his face, before he finally replied, “Of course, but as long as I can ask you something.”