30. Difficulties

It had been a few days since we had all spent the day at the recording studio. Louis and I had been getting on just fine and from what I could see, so had Niall and Jordan, who had been spending increasing amounts of time at our house now, not that I was complaining.

I stepped out of the bathroom, a towel hanging around my waist having just had a shower. As I entered Louis’ room, which is where I had spent most of my time over the past few days, the blue-eyed boy was no where to be seen.

“Louis,” I called out, wondering where he had gone, he was still almost asleep when I got up.

“Coming,” I heard his voice reply and moments later he walked through his door in just a pair of low hanging sweat pants. I smiled at his body as he entered and he obviously caught me, clearing his throat before smirking at me. “I just used the toilet in your room; I didn’t want to disturb you in the shower,” he explained and I blushed a little.

“Yeah, we’ll save that for another time, right,” I winked at him and his face went red in seconds then a shocked, inquisitive look took over.

“Um ok…” he replied looking a little uncomfortable, not knowing how to respond. “If that’s what you want love,” he winked back at me and I chuckled at him.

“Come on, why don’t you take a shower while I make you some breakfast.” I suggested, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before going to leave the room.

“Are you saying that I smell, Styles?” Louis asked, pretending to sound offended.

“Yep,” I smirked at him and left the room heading to the kitchen, shouting behind me, “Now go and shower Tomlinson.”

I got some eggs and bacon out of the fridge, pulling out a frying pan. At the smell of the frying bacon, Niall was quick to come and meet me in the kitchen.

“Smells great Hazza,” he complimented, sitting down at the barstool next to me.

“Well too bad there’s none for you Nialler,” I replied, watching as his eyes widened in horror.

“You wouldn’t do that,” he threatened and I just winked at him.

“I guess you’ll just have to make your own,” I muttered, placing a sad expression on my face.

“But your bacon and eggs are the best Harry,” Niall whined pouting like a child.

“Well, I guess Louis wouldn’t mind…” I began, teasing him. Niall’s eyes sparkled in happiness and mischief, playing along with my little game. He stood up and hugged me round the waist.

“You really are the best cook Harry,” he said.

“Thanks, but you know I wasn’t really going keep you from eating the bacon.” I chuckled, as Niall nodded.

“Yeah, you would never do that to me,” he said with a smirk, then buried his head in my neck, hugging me tighter. “I’m so glad you’re getting better Haz,” he muttered.

I paused for a moment, when I realized he meant me regaining my memory. I know how badly it has been hurting Louis but, apart from the first couple of days home from the hospital, it hadn’t really occurred to me exactly how much it had affected the other boys. Sure, they had been able to get a few months off work, but there wasn’t much to do other than just watch and hope that I would recover quickly.

“I’m sorry that I’ve put you through this Nialler,” I responded sadly. Although I had remembered a lot of the most important things in my life, I still couldn’t remember everything; every little memory that the boys and I had shared, that I can’t remember, but they can.