37. Time to Remember

When I went to bed that night, nothing more had been achieved. All the boys went to their own rooms, Jordan staying over night with us. However, Louis’ room was still empty. I lay down on my bed, but as much as I tried to get rid of it, there was just too much on my mind for me to get to sleep.

I was worried, worried about not ever being able to remember anything. That was one thought that scared me, and I tried to tell myself that what Niall said was correct; I only needed more time for my brain to recover and old memories to be dug up.

If there was one specific time for me to beg for those memories to be recovered, now was it. I had probably lost Louis, not just physically, but he wasn’t going to want to be with me anymore out of fear that I don’t love him for him; only for the things he had told me. I needed a way to prove to him that I truly do love him, only I don’t know how to do that. Liam said we’d think of something, but honestly, what Louis had said was correct, if I hadn’t found out we were together beforehand, I probably wouldn’t have thought of him in a non-platonic way.

I was working my brain so hard, trying to remember something, anything about Louis or the boys that would give me hope that I will soon remember everything. I don’t know what it was I was trying to remember, but I pushed my brain, urging it to find that information, but nothing came…

Eventually, I gave up and let my brain rest. Maybe that was what I needed, to stop worrying and it would all come back to me naturally. But that wasn’t going to happen; it was hard enough trying to get the many thoughts out of my head…

It wasn’t until the early hours of the morning when I actually managed to calm the thoughts rushing through my head.

When I woke up, I felt different. I wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad different, but I’d find out soon enough. I rolled over and pouted when I wasn’t greeted with a warm body. That’s right, Louis had run away, he didn’t want to see me.

I remember one morning he had woken me up by trailing his hands up and down my chest. Not surprisingly, I had woken up with a bad case of morning wood, and of course, Louis was always there to fix my problems.

And there was that one time, when I woke up in his arms, snuggled into his chest. It was one of our days off, and we were too exhausted from just finishing our tour, so we lay like that in bed all day, just watching Tv and movies cuddled in bed. It was perfect.

As well as when Louis… hold on…

“Niall!” I shouted as I ran in through his bedroom door and pounced on his bed, careful not to land on him. Unfortunately, the space next to Niall wasn’t vacated either.

“Urg. Gerroff,” a voice beneath me grunted.

“Shit, sorry Jordan,” I said, quick to remove myself from his body before settling for jumping up and down on the bed in the middle of them. I didn’t even care that I might be ruining a moment between them.

“What the fuck Harry?” Niall complained, fidgeting and trying to burry himself further into the duvet.

Instead of getting up and leaving them alone, I flopped down on my belly, right on top of Niall, who let out a muffled ‘Umph’. “Niall!” I hugged what I could reach of him as tight as I could, “I remember!” I said over enthusiastically, before reaching down and placing a sloppy kiss on his cheek. “I remember Niall!”

This seemed to wake him up, and I didn’t blame him, it had got me pretty over-excited as well. “What?” he asked, rubbing sleep out of his eyes as he pushed me to one side and sat up, “You remember? Like… everything?” He sounded gobsmacked, as was I.

I nodded enthusiastically, “yeah. Well, most things… and I remember who you were before,” I couldn’t get the smile off my face. I could remember them. Sure, I couldn’t remember everything, but it was enough. It was like a miracle, and it felt selfish to ask for anything more.