We can be selfish sometimes

I spent a week in hospital and cried nearly every meal time when I could only just about manage to eat 2 mouthfuls of food.

Zak tried to remain positive for my sake but I knew it was bad. The doctor said that my appetite would be suppressed from being laid up in bed all day and only getting out for the bathroom but I should be able to eat more than that.

I also didn't know why I had to stay here a week. They left me to my own devices, checked on me one every few hours... Well I could be at home. With Zak beside me every hour.

Eventually my week turned into 11 days from the weight drop and dehydration that happened. Whilst I remained in hospital they took out the stitches to my surgery.

I'll never show my skin again.

One small mercy was Zak wasn't there to see it... It was disgusting. They had said this afternoon would be my release but I managed to get that changed and I was on my way this morning.

The door opened and Zak strode in with a black shirt and shades on..

This was not helping my hormones...

"I'm here to collect my not yet wife!" He grinned and came over cupping my face and kissing me.

I smiled and returned his kiss before looking around at my things.

"I'm ready to go."

His arm came out letting me loop mine over his as we left the ward and hospital.

"Aaron is pissed. He wanted to be with me when I collected you. But he hasn't been sleeping that good at night. During the day he is flat out. You know what he is like." Zak said as we got in the car. I nodded understanding fully and pulled my belt on.

"How was your extra days of rest?" Zak asked.

"Pointless if I'm honest. But ready to go back to work s-" I stopped talking as he laughed next to me.

Full on belly laugh. "What?" I asked looking at him.

"Over my dead body are you rushing back to work."

"I'm fine now. I just wanna get my head back into work, I'm bored of just sitting around."

"You were bored in hospital... You won't be at home. I'm not saying you sit there.. You can do info packs but that's it. You're not lifting a damn thing." He answered.

I sighed and folded my arms in a sulk. "Such a sour puss." He teased.

"Work with me or against me. But I'm going back to normal." I snapped.

This time he sighed and went quiet, he concentrated on driving home.

Once we were home he still kept the silent treatment with me.

Two can play at that game!

I made a fuss of Gracie and sat in the garden for a while with her giving her love when Zak came out. So being the child that I was being treated like I walked in the house and got myself a drink.

I turned he was there.

So I took myself in the gym looking at the equipment wondering what I could do that wouldn't hurt my stomach.. I heard him behind me making me exit through the glass doors into the garden and around the house. I walked around to the back door and back into the house taking myself into the office.

I shut the door and sat down. I put my head in my hands and just wanted to cry.

I was tired already, I just wanted things to be normal between us, not have a carer.  I just wanted...