Just tell me. Honestly

I groaned softly as I woke up, I hadn't opened my eyes but I could guarantee it was late after last night. My hand went onto my bump when I felt a hand, my heart leapt and my body went stiff with fear when I felt a kiss on my shoulder.

I looked down at the hand to see the cross tattoo, I let out a heavy breath of relief. Zak was here.

The world felt like it started revolving again, I locked my fingers with his and squeezed gently.

Hearing his breathing I rolled over slowly to see his eyes fixated on the wall. I cupped his face gently "Zak? What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

After a few minutes his eyes moved to me "You talk in your sleep."

Oh god. What the hell have I said?

"Do I?" I asked quietly.

"Yes."

Okay then..

"H-how did the lockdown go?" I asked.

He shook his head and slipped his hand away from mine "I don't want to talk about it."

I watched as he rolled over and sat on the edge of the bed, his back hunched with his head hung low.

"Babe..." I only touched his bare back but it was as if I had scolded him with hot water. He hissed flying off the bed and glaring at me hard.

"I said I didn't want to talk about it!" He snapped.

I tried to keep my face smooth but I could feel my brows pulling at his reaction.

"What the hell is wrong with y-"

"You won't will you?! You're gonna push!"

"Zak I-"

"Just fucking shut up!" He shouted holding his head. I closed my mouth as he paced the room.

"Y-you don't get it! You're so fucking annoying in the mornings! I should have gone to my room. You just go on  and on! It's pathetic, you're pathetic!" He snapped again before he stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door behind him.

"What did I do?" I whispered to myself.

I felt wounded, physically wounded by his reaction and attitude. I couldn't breathe properly or at least that's what it felt like, so I grabbed some clothes and changed quickly.

I needed to just clear my head.

I wasn't going to speak about the lockdown, I was going to ask him if he wanted me to rub his shoulders or back. I wanted to take care of him and give him a cuddle but instead I got abuse.

I'm pathetic... I'm pathetic? I'm carrying his baby, I-

"Maria please don't go." His voice spoke quietly behind me.

I had my hand on the door knob waiting to leave when he spoke.

"Why? You're in a foul mood." I answered keeping my eyes on the door handle.

"I didn't mean those words. Please? Please look at me."

"I don't want to. You... You're not you. Are you?" I asked holding back the urge to either cry or scream at him.