They better pack their bags

I bit the bullet and went to Zak's house..

It was late. I knew it was late, mainly because I spent time tossing and turning in bed before getting out and driving to see him.

Aaron had gone out with Bacon to see some show offering me a ticket but a bath and bed called for me. Only now it didn't and I had a feeling that I was going to be called.

Call it mothers intuition starting early or whatever.

But at this moment it was late, considered early morning when I knocked on Zak's door seeing lights on in the house.

I waited patiently on his doorstep with Aaron's car keys in my hand.

"Come on.. It's cold." I whispered to myself. Knowing something was up I had left in a rush with only a pair of tartan short, a black top and my trainers on.

Maybe he's out.. With some woman.

I felt disheartened and deflated stepping away from the door when I heard yelling.

I froze on the doorstep as I listened, it was him. Pushing my ear against the door I could hear his screaming.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I cussed pulling the keys out and fiddling around with them until I saw one that looked like my old house key. Trying it, I found it was the right key and let myself in.

His voice echoed throughout the house making me rush towards the bedroom. I paused as I went in seeing the room was a mess, the lamp was on and he was writhing in the bed soaked in sweat  screaming in agony.

"Zak. Zak wake up!" I called walking in and turning on the big light hoping that would wake him.

Only it didn't and he began thrashing around screaming my name and begging me to stop. I bit my lip getting upset to see him in such pain and decided to take matters into my own hands.

Going into his wardrobe I grabbed his belts and came back. He had stopped but was mumbling in his sleep, not understanding what he was saying I went to work and restrained him to the bed frame.

His voice began picking up as he screamed out again, I covered my mouth crying quietly as he looked possessed flipping around trying to break free in his sleep.

I knew I needed to wake him but I also had to be careful, if not for me but for Bubz. My stomach kept getting muscle spasms as if Bubz knew there was trouble with daddy. It's the only time I really felt strong activity in my tummy.

Once Zak's thrashing stopped and his crying took hold I pounced. Climbing onto him I straddling his body and held his face within my hands.

"Zak, Zak. Listen to me darling, you need to wake up okay? It's just a dream."

"NO, NO, MARIA! MAKE IT STOP!"
He screamed in terror pulling at his arms.

"Zak! Please! Please wake up! I'm here baby! I'm right here but you need to open those eyes!"

Now I was seeing for myself what he had to experience every time I had a night terror, it was truly heartbreaking to watch someone you loved fight their own mind. His body was covered in sweat and he shook his head violently before he continued his yells.

"ZAK PLEASE WAKE UP!" I yelled at him squeezing his face in my hands.

I was losing the battle against his mind fast, I tried tapping his cheek and prising his eyes apart but nothing was working. So I plugged his nose and held his mouth closed.