Who even are you?

A week later...

It had been a whole week since Zak had left Aaron's house declaring that he had never loved me.

I'd been through the mill of emotions of confusion, anger, sadness, hate and one that settled within me contently was numbness.

I didn't feel a damn thing when Zak left my things in cases outside his house. I simply took them and placed them in my car.

"Ri. You hungry?" Aaron asked.

"No. I'm busy." I replied typing away on the laptop.

"Work can wait whilst you eat."

"I'm not hungry Aaron, thank you for asking though." I gave him a quick smile and went back to emailing.

As far as I knew I still had a job. I did think Zak would that evil. I mean... He's a lot of things, but he wasn't evil, spiteful? He could be, maybe..

I had a list as long my arm to do as well as go and get packed for lockdown that we will be leaving for tomorrow.

We were heading to Adams, Tennessee. Driving was out the question with 26 hours of drive time. So whilst we were together... I had convinced Zak to fly. Which would only take us 6 and a half hours.

I shut the laptop down and stapled the last info pack together for myself. The crew already had their's but Aaron has spilt coffee on his, so I had to print another for him and I got myself one with the questions that Zak felt like he'd ask in interviews as well as disclose forms.

"Right that's it." Aaron stormed into his lounge and dragged me to the table pushing me in a seat.

"Eat." He demanded.

"I can't, I have too much to do." I replied getting up only to be pushed back down.

"Aaron!" I snapped.

"Maria. I can say your name too. Now eat." He demanded pushing the plate of noodles towards me.

"I can't..." I muttered.

"Why?"

"Because I am allergic to prawns." I replied pointing one out. He sighed and binned the whole lot including the plate.

"What do you want? I'll make it." He answered.

I bit into an apple and smiled an I chewed it.

"Nice try. You need a proper meal." He retorted.

"I'm eating plus I need to pack so can you cut a girl some slack? I printed you off a new info pack."

"Well you need more than an apple Ri."

"I will. When I'm not busy. Not leave me to it. Go see a film or- actually can you drop something over to Zak's?"

"What?"

"Well I've mailed him the interview questions. I hope he got them but I-"

"You want me to check on him." He confirmed.

"Yeah, well no. It's jus- I'll go. We need to see each other, we are sat on a flight together tomorrow." I replied.

"That's probably not a good idea."

"Why?"

"Because you know how he gets. He j-"

"It's been a week Aaron. A week. He chucked me, no the other way."

"For your own safety!" He argued back.

"That's just incidentals. I'm missing a jacket anyway." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys to head out.