Fruity

I was stood in the grocery store with a basket full of crafties, I had bought fresh fruit as well as I made the error of buying it at a small gas station yesterday and now half of it was gone and the rest was bruised.

I hated bad fruit and Zak needed the best to keep his strength up, I needed him to be on his top form. I needed to look after him whilst we were away because he looked after me when we were at home.

I had been in such a rush to get things sorted before lockdown that I had also forgot my phone..

I had left Zak sleeping, so I hope I can get back and wake him in time.

"Come on Maria. Think... You've got apples, bananas. What else? Oh!" I headed to the snack aisle and picked up some chips for them as well as some nuts for Aaron and organic rice cakes for Zak. Some crackers, protein bars, slow releasing energy bars. I had bottled water and last but not least I picked them up bread, turkey, mustard and spread. I passed the medical aisle and took a step back.

Curiosity took me and I found myself looking at condoms... Call me gullible but I didn't realise they came in different sizes, and I couldn't imagine Zak going to a shop himself and buying them incase anyone spotted him. So I picked up a box taking a rough guess at his size..

They didn't do anaconda..

I laughed at my own personal joke and looked at the femidoms. I read the packet and threw one in the basket.

If he wouldn't wear one it had to be down to me.. They aren't that different are they? Men and women condoms.

I picked up some heartburn and indigestion tablets in case...

What? You can never be too prepared.

I headed to the check out with my haul. Putting the condoms on a separate transaction. I don't think the channel would be happy about paying for our sexual precautions.

With them paid for I threw them in the plastic bag with the food and headed back. I struggled back to the hotel with the bags and fell against the door as I tried to pull my key out.

Swiping it I stepped in when the door slammed and Zak was in my face.

"Where the hell were you?!" He shouted.

"W- at the shop.. Why? What's happened?" I asked looking at him.

"I rang you! I rang you and you ignored my calls!" He shouted.

"I left my phone on charge, it's on aeroplane mode. I-"

"I've been worried sick! Let me look at you!" He snapped grabbing my face.

"Owh you're hurting Zak.."

He pushed my face to the side looking for some sort of problem.

"Zak stop!" I snapped.

I looked at him to see fear in his eyes, I dropped the bags and took his hands taking him to the couch.

"What's happened?" I spoke quietly.

"I- you-"

"Take your time." I spoke holding onto his hands.

"I- no I can't." He answered standing up. I stood up and watched him pacing the room pulling at his own hair.

"Zak please.. Talk to me."

"I can't! I can't right now. I'm angry. Just.... Go see Aaron."

"No. I want to know what's happened and what is wrong?"

"GO!" He yelled.

"I said.. No."

He came towards me, his hand seized my arm and dragged me from the room pushing me in the hallway. Before I could push back in the door slammed.