Para- paradise

I looked down at my leg and frowned seeing the fingerprint bruising on them. Giving them a rub I sighed before looking out across the beach as Zak walked down it with Gracie.

I knew when he needed time alone, this would be that moment.

This morning in bed something within him snapped, causing his hand to grasp onto my knee as if I was going to run out on him. But the problem wasn't me, not that I was aware of anyway. He had been unconsciously squeezing my leg hard and it resulted in some bruises.

It's times like these I wish I could read his mind but after recent events I knew what the problem was and I certainly didn't need to be a mind reader.

I guess a part of me should be mad and angry at him, I should feel heartbreak and sorrow but I didn't. All I felt was empathy, the decision he was now mulling over was hard enough without me making him feel worse.

I wouldn't force him to tell me something, I couldn't force him to be honest, all I hoped for was that he would come to me and talk.

I also wouldn't force him to be in our child's life, I would birth and raise this child as best as I could lavishing the babe in love to make up for the loss of his fathers love. I'd teach him the little life lessons, I'd even teach him to fish when he's a little older and how it's important to put them back. But I'd always have a small slice of resentment towards Zak for wanting to miss out on what will be the greatest gift I could ever give him... Even if he didn't see it that way right now.

I held my tummy feeling the flutter run across, I am excited for this baby and I will cherish every single moment.

Looking at Zak I watched him slump down on the sand and put his arms up on his knees letting his hands dangle. 

Icecubes.

Not now bubs... I patted my belly gently and got up off the couch. I pulled on my trainers and grabbed my purse heading out.

I headed up Carmel-By-The-Sea to see what was on offer in this small part of paradise. As I explored I allowed myself to do one very dangerous thing...

I fell in love with the place.

The village was a European style village, with small and almost hidden nooks and crannies. It was like a small fairytale village with the architecture. It was only something you'd read in a book or see in a film.

It's so gorgeous here...

The place eased my mind from the worries of what Zak maybe feeling and the prospect of being a single parent trying to hold down a job and find a new home.

There were small cottages also in an English style, reminding me of my parents. I smiled imagining them living in a cottage with a stone chimney.

Small flowerpots and beds were placed strategically throughout the small village adding splashes of colours here and there.

I weaved through the village taking in the shops and their displays to lure customers in to part with their money.

Why hadn't I come here sooner? This place was so cute, I could live here, most definitely!

Little walkways led onto court yards, more shops and restaurants. The aura of the village was simple, peace and serenity. It was also ranked as the 3rd most romantic place in the world, which would explain the stream of couples that walked hand in hand, some even being tucked up under the arm of their lovers...

Something I had dreamt about last night, being open and free to express my love for Zak without it being all cloak and dagger. Can't upset the fans..

He was right, because I'd receive a backlash from them all as well as have my work questioned, not to mention his professionalism.

Having been out investigating I decided to try the cuisine, slipping into a bakery I was left stumped as I saw rows upon rows of cakes, pastries, and fresh bread.

I'd like to think I was eating for two and it wasn't my greediness as my eyes feasted upon the counters.

Be sensible.. Be sensible.

"How can I help you?" The woman behind the counter asked.

Here goes....

Behaving I got a cappuccino and shortbread biscuit.. Also a frangipane and maybe just a little.. Well just a small cinnamon swirl.

Don't judge me.

Nibbling away I made my way up the hill absorbed in the beauty of this place when I eventually came to a stop and stepped back looking at a house.

I know this house.

Hell I definitely know this!

I placed my coffee on the wall and dug into my purse for my phone only to remember it being on the bed.

Darn it!

I was stood in front of the Tor House, where Robinson Jeffers used to live. The same place the crew investigated.

It was one of my favourite episodes, as he predicted 50 from now (or the date he wrote he poem) that a man with a poodle would be stood outside his house looking at it. The poem was called Ghost.

He was right. Expect Gracie was a collie.. Zak had stumbled upon the house after leaving his home to get away from a demonic attachment he feared he had brought home with him. I could see the episode now, in my mind as Zak read the poem, it was the first and only time back then that I looked at him a little differently. Of course I never imagined years later id be engaged to him and pregnant with his baby.

 Of course I never imagined years later id be engaged to him and pregnant with his baby

I wanted to take a photo but without a phone or camera it was useless. So instead I took in the home before continuing on with my journey..

Must be time for a snack again... Oh cinnamon swirl... It's your time now!