Ass end of Vegas

Morning arrived and I dragged myself out of bed knowing Gracie would want to go for toilet. Walking through the house I opened the door and stood looking at the sun reflecting pool.

I heard a car beep making me turn and look towards the front door as some thumping, cussing and a sigh came from the hallway.

Looking down at myself I panicked.. He's home.

He's home and I look a mess!

"Maria?!"

No! No he's not suppose to see me like this. I'm suppose to look irresistible before we made up!

I made a beeline for the bedroom when he appeared in the doorway. It stopped me in my tracks as I took him in.

I still couldn't believe that he actually loved me. All 6foot and one inch of his body was mine. And mine only.

"I'm an idiot." He said stepping into the room.

"You're not suppose to be here yet..."

"Why?"

I lifted my hands up to my side gesturing to want I looked like. I was in his top and my hair was a mess.

"I don't see anything apart from someone so beautiful it makes my heart physically ache."

I looked up at him to see a small smile "That sounds painful.."

"It's worth it. But when we are apart... The pain, it spreads to my arms and my hands. My body feels slower. My mind is slower, like my energy has been drained."

"Probably need your vitamins.." I mumbled making him laugh lightly.

"I think it's because I'm missing the bed head, the toothpaste marked, clothes stealing woman I have fallen in love with.... I mean, it could be that or my vitamins." He responded making me bite my lip to avoid a smile.

"You're a stroppy stubborn mule." He added.

"I don't like your face."

"Well you smell."

"Better than looking like a tramps asshole." I replied making him laugh loudly.

"I do! I look awful. My shaver broke so I have stubble.. I also couldn't be bothered to get changed from shorts and a top as I haven't even slept, my hairs a mess and it's also dirty and I'm in need of a shower." He replied.

"I'll hose you down in the garden if you want?" I suggested.

"Or you could maybe give some hospitality and allow me to use the shower in your gorgeous home?"

"Sorry.. My dog doesn't like strange men. Her dad is due home soon." I answered making his eyes twinkle. "She's currently going to the toil-"

A loud splash and little splashes followed making Zak chuckle "Shes in the pool right now." I corrected myself.

"While the child is busy.... Maybe we could?"

"I like my men clean and respectable. You sir, look like the ass end of Vegas."

"Maybe I could persuade you to shed some mercy on someone like me?"

Zak stepped out the room as came back holding flowers. My heart did a flip as he handed them to me.

"For Cece? Or your mom?" I asked.

"For my gorgeous not yet wife.... Or at least that's what the card says." He answered as I stuck my face into the yellow roses and inhaled deeply.

"I suppose you could use a bathroom... I need to put these in water."

"Is that your offer of a drink? Lead the way my lady." He bowed making me suppress my laugh as we headed to the kitchen.