I blame it all on the Hormones

Hormones.

I can blame a lot of things on my hormones.. But right now I couldn't put  the blame entirely on them when I looked at Zak...

We were in Soledad California at our hotel sorting rooms. Zak had all the paperwork so I left him to do the bookings.

"So we need 6 rooms." He spoke to himself using the hood of the car as a desk.

"5, Ri will come in with me." Aaron answered causing Zak to look up and narrow his eyes slightly.

"There's no need." Zak grunted and gave me a look before heading into the hotel.

He was jealous, and that gave me hope.

I watched his broad shoulders disappear into the hotel before I knew my legs were walking after him. For one I could just share with Aaron and save a room as one night they won't even be at the hotel. Reason 2 of following him was because he had left our passports on the hood.

Most hotels liked to scan our passports for security and fire safety reasons. I walked into the air conditioned hotel and looked around reception, but I hadn't seen Zak making me frown slightly.

"Are you following me?" He asked with amusement in his voice. I turned around and gave a small smile.

"You wish. You forgot passports."

"Or did I do that on purpose because I knew you'd follow?" He asked.

I handed them over without replying and went to leave the hotel, mind games.. The way my mind was thinking that the last thing I wanted to do.

"I was just teasing come here.. I can't seem to get a minute alone with you." He sighed stepping out of the queue.

"Yes?" I asked looking up at him when I pinched my lips together.

"What's made you smile?"

"Your hair... It's shorter than what it normally is."

"Does it look bad?" He worried touching it.

I took his hand away and smiled "No I like it."

"Really because I remember you liked to pull on it on occasions.." He answered.

I knew exactly what occasions...

"Zak."

"Sorry. I just... I miss you." He mumbled.

"You too.. But you know things are different now."

He nodded and looked at my bump "How are you though? With everything? If you need a break or anything gets too much then we can sto-"

"I'm okay. But I'd like to talk.. Properly at some point."

He nodded "I'd like that."

The little muscle spasm in my tummy made me smile, Bubz knew daddy alright.

"Pregnancy suits you. You look amazing." He spoke as we joined the queue again.

"Really? I feel like rubbish today. I'm always hungry, horny and hot."

"You don't look rubbish, but I agree you look hot." He replied.

"It's hard work." I mumbled.

Horny? Horny?! I felt like I was in heat! I wanted to get a release and the only person I wanted to do that for me was the 6 foot 1 God beside me looking at passports.

Pregnant or not I wanted him... Badly.

As we got to the desk I heard Zak ask for 6 rooms after he looked at me, someone didn't want me sharing with Aaron, something that amused me. Myself and Aaron will forever be friends but someone had been looking too far into the situation it would seem.

Once we got our keys Zak pulled me aside again. "Hey I uh, you know I'll support you right? I'm no good with babies but maybe you could show me and teach me how to hold them and feed them when Bubz? Is it Bubz?" He asked making me smile and nod.

"Why Bubz?"

"Because I don't know if I had a blue or pink onboard."

"Oh, right, Bubz/ Baby I get it. Can I- tonight can you come by my room? Or I come see you?"

"For what?" I asked making him squirm.

"To talk and plan and make a list..." He struggled. I rolled my eyes and nudged him "I was only playing of course you can."

"Good cause I have a present for you. But I want to give it to you later."

"Is it you?" I asked before I clamped my mouth closed.

His laugh was my confirmation that he had heard what I said.

"You weren't joking about being horny."

Oh how I wish I was!

"It's not me, unfortunately. But after dinner tonight I want to spend some time with just you without the crew breathing down my neck. I know I have to ste-"

"Zak.. Let's do this tonight, I think we will both sleep better once we sit down and talk properly."

"Sleep? Yeah right.." He muttered.

"You still not sleeping right?" I asked as we exited the hotel.

"Hardly. 2/3 hours if I'm lucky. That's before the night terrors start."

I felt sorry for him, they must be bad to make him scream and shout the way he does. I knew all about night terrors.. Especially in his house.

"Hey uh, have you still got my number?" He asked.

"Of course. Why?"

"Good. I just.. I had a dream you deleted it and then you needed it desperately. You were in trouble and I didn't know, I don't want you to ever panic the way I saw you in my mind." He answered making me look across at him.

"You're still cute as a button." I replied making him smile.

"Really big button then."

I giggled "Really no but- oh.." I stopped holding my bump.

"Mar- what's wrong?" He asked going into panic.

Sharp pain soared across my belly and hip making me grab Zak's arm and breath slowly.

"Is it the baby? Oh god, it's too early just breathe. Yeah. That's what they say on films, breathe in and out." He stressed.

"Zak!" I snapped as he flapped.

"It's okay I'm here, I'll call an ambul-"

I snatched his phone and took another breathe before letting out a little laugh.

"Y-you're laughing? Are you out your mind?"

"I'm okay. I read about these.. I'm not having the ba-" I hissed as it happened again.

"Then what's wrong with you?!"

"You want to know?" I asked.

"Yes!"

"My uterus is growing, just keep it down man." I growled.

"Ute- oh. Do you need me to rub your back or?"

"Just don't touch me.. Not yet. I can't control my hormones now you start petting me and I might pounce." I breathed rubbing my side.

I heard him chuckle lightly beside me "Vixen is still about then?"

"Oh she's always there.. Promiscuous horny bitch." I answered and squeezed his wrist until it stopped.

"You okay?"

I nodded and let go of his wrist and rubbed where my nails had dug in. "Sorry." I answered kissing my fingers and pressing them on the marks.

"Well we both know they are better now... Come on you. I better knuckle down on that baby and mom book if I'm going to be any use." He answered walking me to the car.

"You're reading a pregnancy book?" I asked impressed.

"Of course. I told you.. I want to learn how to be a proper dad." He replied.

I looked at him not knowing whether to cry, laugh or initiate wild primal sex with him.

Hormones... It's all hormones.