[3] Set Point, Miss

Hinata came back quickly after his uncountable journey from the bathroom, luckily just as the match was about to begin. Each team was now on the court, and as I stood between Mr. Takeda and Shimizu on the sidelines, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous, even though I wasn't one of the playing members.

"The matches can get pretty fiery," Shimizu told me, almost as a warning, sending me a warm smile. "But you learned all the rules really well, so you'll know what's going on out there."

"And," Mr. Takeda quickly added, pointing to my clipboard. "You're going to be taking notes on their skills, so you'll be very entertained!"

Out of instinct, I bowed my head in understanding and clung onto the sweater I was borrowing tightly, my brows furrowing as I strained to see each player.

Note their assets and pinpoint their weaknesses.

There was no possible way I was going to make a mistake on my first day.

"We will now begin the practice match of Karasuno High School versus Aoba Johsai High School." A loud voice announced, and I jumped, my trembling hands pulling out my pen and paper.

All at once, everyone bowed.

"LET'S PLAY!" They boomed in unison.

A shiver went up my spine and I raised an eyebrow at the odd and sudden sensation. I had never felt something like that before, and I had a strong feeling it wasn't because I was still cold.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Shimizu glance at me and I looked up.

She was smiling.

"That feeling is something you're going to have to get used to," she explained softly looking back towards the team with pride. "Because at the beginning of each match, there is nothing stronger than the determination that's in each member."

I nodded. Of course, she was right. After seeing them in practice, I had no doubt that Karasuno's Volleyball Club wanted to win more than anything, and I was sure they could do it. Sure, there was a lot of practice they needed before they could win... but their determination was going to be their savior.

I took a deep breath, turned to look at the teams, and flinched.

It was blatantly obvious to notice that Aoba Johsai was more organized and carefully structured than Karasuno. Right now, the only thing Sawamura was trying to do was calm Hinata down, who was spazzing out on the court.

"Hey Hinata," He told him, offering a weak smile. "buck up."

If anything, this seemed to worsen his condition.

Behind them, Kageyama was looking around, and after a while, he called out to Hinata. It was an overall change in demeanor in him, that was for sure. He was taking in his surroundings.